Best Export Choice for Quality + Filesize in PP2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 3rd, 2006, 06:29 PM   #1
New Boot

Best Export Choice for Quality + Filesize in PP2.0

I haven't been able to find anything under the Adobe Media Encoder that will render a movie in a quality I'm happy with. The closest I've come is beautiful Quicktime video with horrible audio. Can anyone suggest settings that would reflect the quality found on Apple's trailer site? (even if it requires exporting an uncompressed movie and using something else to encode)

It's captured DV from a Sony VX2000.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Jim, Media Encoder is one of the best around. I have done videos as long as 1 hour 45 minutes that fit on one DVD with 93% quality by exporting to DV AVI from PPro, bring the video into Encore, creating the DVD and letting Encore do all the encoding. The only trick is to make sure that you tell Encore to use a custom size disk of 4.5 Gb rather than the 4.7 Gb preset. No need to change anything else unless you really really know what you are doing.
Enrique Galvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #3
New Boot

I failed to clarify something in my original post, the final goal is nice looking video that will be downloaded from the web, like the non-HD "high" ones at Apple's trailer site. I'm not married to Quicktime if there's something better out there that most people can watch without downloading any special players.

That is a great tip for Encore though, thank you!
Jim Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It depends on the bitrate you want to use. For the largest possible audience Windows Media is the best solution, and 512 kbps at 320x240 pixels image size should give you an excellent picture. Try Sorensen Sqeeze - send me a personal message if you would like some samples.
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes, Windows Media is great for the web, I would suggest it too. I made a custom preset with 512 at a higher res than 320x240 for my site and the quality is very nice for it's small size. Not too sure about the quicktime ones yet, I haven't really tried them out.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite