Weird preview artifacting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Trustee

Weird preview artifacting

I'm getting weird artifacts when rendering HDV previews.

http://www.frozenphoenixproductions..../artifacts.JPG

anyone know what this is?
Ben Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #2
Wrangler

Ben, first off-the-cuff guess is the video driver needs an update. But more info will help people help you diagnose the problem. What version of PPro are you using, are you capturing native or using Cineform, which camera using what frame rate, what project settings, and does the green stripe show up or not show up in the source monitor, and/or an exported frame or clip as well as in the program monitor? What effects are you applying...I assume the split screen look is due to a color correction effect that you applied?

BTW, your profile shows you using a GL2. Guess you've spent some money since your last profile update? ;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Trustee

Pete,
I have the latest video drivers from Matrox, so far as I know. I am using a Matrox Parhelia APVe card.

I am using Premiere Pro 2.0, I captured this natively, using FX1 1080 60i, Adobe HDV 60i project preset. The artifacts show up when I render the effect (it is one layer, half opacity, over another layer with 29 Gaussian blur). The source footage looks fine.

Profile has been duly updated :)

Last edited by Ben Winter; July 27th, 2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Ben, try turn off hardware acceleration under troubleshooting tab in vga driver options. Does it change things?
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #5
Trustee

Turned off acceleration, rerendered--no change.
Old July 28th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #6
Wrangler

Try rendering a short sample each way, changing only one thing with each trial:
- reversing the layers (adjust their opacities as required, of course)
- with say, 20 and 50 on the Blur setting
- the Gaussian Blur unchanged, except toggled off
- replace the Gaussian Blur with a couple of different effects, one a different blur and the other anything else, such as a sharpening effect

What I'm after here is to isolate whether the artifact is coming from a bug in the Gaussian effect itself, the opacity effect, or the render engine. Kinda seems you're heading toward a bug report to Adobe, though.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite