Problem with video quality output in Premiere 2.0 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 21st, 2006, 06:55 AM   #16
Inner Circle

This topic is not about HD and as I am not working HD yet, I have not looked into it... but a Google search brings up several of them.

For SD, reading this and other websites, Cinema Craft comes up as the winner (and an "ouch" on the pricetag, $2000), I personally tested Sorenson Squeeze and was pleased with the results (also excellent for encoding for the web - WinMedia, QT, Real, Flash).
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas
The mpeg2 encoder included in Premiere and Encore is not the best though, so if you really need higher quality, you should look into using a better encoding software.
That depends. Lars Siden did a test of several MPEG-2 encoders, including Cinema Craft. MainConcept - the encoder used in Premiere Pro and Encore DVD - came out on top.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #18
New Boot

I have tried Canopus encoder straight out of Premiere and the problem is still there. To answer a previous question I do encode in 5.1 Dolby as I have bought the Surcode rights. Just to clarify, the size of the file doesn’t matter to me as long as my problem is corrected and I receive good quality video. Thanks

Daniel
Daniel Livschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Yes, it depends

Yes Christopher - to quote you - it depends... the test Lars did lacks too many key "ingredients", so it might have brought out MainConcept on top on a certain type of footage, at a certain bitrate. Check out these pages for more complex tests with difficult to encode footage:

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=235665
http://www.tecoltd.com/enctest/enctest.htm

As Lars admits himself, he used default settings... apples to oranges...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite