Audio Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Audio Help

Let me apologize in advanced if this questions has already been answered. I briefly skimmed through looking for an answer, but I don't have time to do an in depth search.

I am fairly new to premier pro. I have made extensive use of Final Cut, Avid, and Edius, but Premier is new to me. Most things are pretty much the same and I haven't had any problem figuring out. However, in other editors when I bring a clip down onto the time line I get two seperate tracks for each channel of audio. One chanel of audio goes onto one mono audio track, and the other channel goes onto another mono audio track. With premier though both channels go onto the same stereo audio track. Is there any way I can get premier to act like the other video editors I've used, where if you recored two seperate audio channels in the camera they go to two seperate audio tracks in the editor?

I discovered the breakout to mono function, but that is not what I need. I want to be able to work with my two seperate audio channels independantly from eachother. I am sure there must be a way to do this as I don't see how premier could possibly be used for pro end work if it wasnt.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Use Clip->Audio Options->Source Channel Mapping to do this. But it works only if the clip has not been inserted in any timeline in your project.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you

Thank you Bart! That is exactly what I was looking for. The only other thing I'm curious about is do you know if there is a way to make this the default behavior? Or do I have to do this with every clip in my project whenever I start a new project?
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Have you tried selecting all the clips and then choosing source channel mapping?
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Grunseth
The only other thing I'm curious about is do you know if there is a way to make this the default behavior? Or do I have to do this with every clip in my project whenever I start a new project?
Source Channel Mapping can not be set to other Track Format than Stereo by default. However, as Bart Walczak points out you can select all the clips at the same time and map their audio at the same time. You dont have to do it on a clip by clip basis. :)

/Roger

Last edited by Roger Averdahl; September 8th, 2006 at 08:00 AM.
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite