Slow motion HELL-P!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 22nd, 2006, 01:32 AM   #1
Trustee

Slow motion HELL-P!!

Hi,

I just finished a 10 episode program for spanish tv and I notice that all the movinf sequences (pans and travellings) that are in slow motion have some sort ciclic "tilt". I started thinking that this might be because when I decrease the clip speed on premiere it doubles some frames and this is more evident during moving shots. Now I urgently have to find out another way to convert these sequences to slow motion that won't affect the quality so drasticly. I even thought about simply not using slow motion on theses sequences but these videos must have a certain amount of time and if I don't use slow motion they won't have the required time. I could not replace these shots but they are very important. So, bottom line, I need theses same shots on slow motion (they must take longer than the speed they were originaly shot with). This is a problematic issue, since I ALWAYS set my footages' speed to 94% (I shoot with the FX1 using CF25). Any advice?...NOW!!!

P.S - I followed some leads from another slow-motion threads but nothing worked (flame blend, deinterlace, flicker removal)
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:03 AM   #2
Trustee

Ok, I've got TWIXTOR installed and the slow motion does look good, but somehow the clip still has the same duration as the original (wth?!) and I need it to be longer. Tips?
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

When you select a clip and put it into slo-mo (50%, say) then you need to allocate space for the clip to grow - in this case it'll double its length. Could this be why your clips are the same length?

And you process ALL your FX1 footage on the timeline to 94%? I hope you realise you're taking a huge quality hit if you do such processing to the image.

You need to tell us more such as explain what you mean by 'ciclic tilt', whether you're shooting PAL or NTSC, if it's HDV or DV.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:23 AM   #4
Trustee

What I mean ciclic tilt is that from time to time the image seems to "jerk" (the intervals between each "jerk" keep the same pace). I'm shooting HDV PAL, to be
exported to quicktime in SD.

As for allocating space for the clip to grow it has plenty of space in front of the clip, so I should be able to see it grow, right? Do you have any tips on using TWIXTOR?
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:06 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Sorry, no twixtor tips. I use the Canopus Storm slo-mo that is key-framable in its rate. Beautiful.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite