Support for YouTube? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 13th, 2006, 09:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Support for YouTube?

With all the publicity, there are now requests for YouTube output. YouTube says that the best output for them is: MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format, 320x240 resolution, MP3 audio.

Is there a way to create that with PP2?

Thanks,

David
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #2
Wrangler

Yes, just put the appropriate codec on your computer (obtained from DiVX, etc) and they'll show up in your export drop down dialogs.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Major Player

I'm not the swiftest puppy on the planet...downloaded and installed Divx, but I don't see it the export options. Where would it be found?

Thanks,

David
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Wrangler

I'm not at my editing computer now so can't describe it too precisely. If you choose AVI, there should be a drop-down box to select a codec (uncompressed, MS DV, Cinepak, etc). Should work; I'll check this evening when I get home.
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Going from encode to export movie, AVI does show the Divx for video. Quicktime doesn't. And neither seem to show MPEG3 audio.
Old October 14th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #6
Wrangler

David,

I did a little futzing around and this is what I found...hopefully people who've actually been through the whole process can add/correct:

- From what I can see, at least within PPro 2 and probably generally speaking, AVI files don't have an option to use mpeg compression (eg mp3) for audio. I suspect that they meant a video file could be submitted as a DiVX or XViD AVI, and an audio file could be submitted as an mp3 file, but not meaning that mp3 audio would be in an AVI file.

- To create a DiVX AVI, choose MS AVI (NOT MS DV AVI) in the GENERAL section of PPro 2 Export Movie dialog box, then go to the VIDEO section and choose your compressor. Same with Audio. Should work, but no choice for mp3.

- I'm not a YouTube user, much less a contributor of content, so only from reading online it is my understanding that YouTube does the conversion of your submitted AVI or MPEG into Flash, and that the codec criteria really aren't all that particular...they can apparently handle most common AVI or MPEG video. So I wouldn't sweat what codec to use too much. Just submit something easy for you to encode and see how well they handle it.

- As an aside, while experimenting I had fun creating a little test flash file with a short DV video clip (have Flash, just never really got around to using it yet) and it looked surprisingly good for around 15Kb/sec! I might dig further into doing some more flash for my own stuff.
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #7
Major Player

Guess I will try a couple of those and see how they look.

Lighting is so important that it is easy to convince someone a little effort in setup (script, lighting) is well worth it.

I've looked at some of the stuff there...mixed...however I thought this woman did a very good job with script, lighting (there is clearly a light to the left), editing, and music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxgKkL80lk
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite