Premier Pro 2.0 export question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premier Pro 2.0 export question

I am using PP2 and have a Gateway AMD 64 Dual Core system. I have noticed that when I export a project (using any settings), the CPU usage is only 50%, so I assume that only one core is being used. How do I get Premier to use both cores and speed up the process? Thank you.
Duane Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Duane:

I have AMD Dual 3800+. I use PP2. I just monitored a render of DV to a new DV file, and a HDV file render, and both employed both cores. HDV, in fact, had both cores maxed out...

I ve had the Dual system for about a year, but I seem to remember I didn't get full two core involvement until I used the mother board installation disk and upgrades. I self built my system.

I am using a monitor provided by AMD called Power Monitor.

What system/ Mother Board are you using? Could be issue of upgrading Bios, or running an install of the board using an installation disk.
Old November 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Chris,

Thank you for the information. I updated the motherboard drivers (from Gateways's support page) with the latest, no luck. Also installed AMD's utilites, again no luck. BIOS is up to date and there are not CPU options in it. I know that both cores are working as other programs will max them out. It still works fast, but I think it can go faster. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update-Gateway did have a BIOS update. Everything now seems to be fine when exporting. Getting both cores maxed out.

Last edited by Duane Steiner; November 14th, 2006 at 11:29 AM.
Duane Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Inner Circle

"Update-Gateway did have a BIOS update. Everything now seems to be fine when exporting. Getting both cores maxed out."

Super. Glad to hear it...
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #5
Trustee

What was the updated titled as? Was it specific to Premiere or multi-threaded apps?
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner
What was the updated titled as? Was it specific to Premiere or multi-threaded apps?
I think he was referring to a BIOS update for his Gateway computer, not anything specific to Premiere. Obviously, it appeared to fix the multi-core issue he had...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite