premiere pro 2.0 audio channel problem! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 9th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #1
Major Player

premiere pro 2.0 audio channel problem!

Hi guys,
I really need some fast help here. My camera only recorded sound in the right channel. I have played around with the blend option to get the sound in the left and right even and then boosted it to get the volume back but it hisses. I also get this hissing if I copy the sound channel and pan it 100% left as I still have to boost the volume.

Is there a way I can simply copy the sound from the right channel and enable it to play simultaneously in the left channel so that I will not have to boost the volume?

Any quick responses on this one would be very much appreciated!
David
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Not sure what you mean by paning it 100%. Have you "Normalized" the track. There are "Fill Right and Fill Left" features the the audio effects. If you have hissing in your audio, then it should be there all the time not just when you copy and paste. You may not be able to hear it until you boost the volume is all.

Is it a stereo track or a mono track? Why would you not have to boost the volume if it was on both tracks? It is not going to be any louder just because it is on both.
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Mike, I think the hissing is because the sound is stereo but the left channel did not record. Therefore when I pan it to the left I need to audio gain it to get the level to the same as the right channel, this is what causes the hissing.

Is there anyway you know of to sort of 'flip' the sound channel information so that instead of being a stereo sound that only plays in the right channel , it becomes a stereo sound that only plays in the left channel?

thanks for your prompt reply.
David
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

If it's a track recorded with an external mic that's getting your one-sided sound you just have to use the fill-left or fil-right effect under audio effects/stereo and you get what you want.
The long way to do it is to select the video file on the project window, go to menu Clip-Audio Options/Breakout to mono: you get two "sub-files", choose the one with sound, create a new monotrack in the timeline, insert and sync with the video. That's the way I did it in PPro 1.5. A big work-around!
Paulo Figueiredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Trustee

Don't try any other filters than plain and simple Fill Right. This will copy the right channel to the left channel. Audio effects/Stereo/Fill Right. That does the trick.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #6
Inner Circle

They got you covered David. This place is better than most of the the "Customer Support" places isn't it?! :)

Mike
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #7
Major Player

guys, thankyou all. it did the job perfectly.

Where shall I send your cheques? :)
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Hey, take that camera and get into DV Challange #7. Then you really can send a check, or donate. Good prizes too! Your location sounds like it is beautiful and would make a good setting.

Have fun----Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite