M2T chrashes Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:24 PM   #1
New Boot

M2T chrashes Premiere

When i attempt to load more then approximately 40 m2t files it crashes Premiere. Tried 2 machines with same result. I need to be able to access all my material in one project. Anything can be done to fix it?

Should i convert m2t to DVCProHD, Cineform or SD proxy (and if i will - it may crash again and again...)? I'm beating my head for about 1 month, it is beginning to get annoying. Learned Canopus and it is great for speed and color, sucks for tools / effects etc.

People! Help!

Last edited by Timofey Yuriev; January 23rd, 2007 at 12:57 PM.
Timofey Yuriev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try using virtual dub mod to open the m2t files. You will also need avisynth. You can get both these tools free from videohelp.com The trick is to choose File > Open > and in the box at the bottom it says "use avisynth template" drop it down and open Directshow source. Then bring the drop down menu for file type to include all files and choose your m2t file. It should open it up. You can then choose save as and save it to whatever file format you want. You may want to separate the audio at this point too.
Tup Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Whats your equipment configuration ? How much memory ? Premiere version ?

I have issues when I am pulling off a usb drive from time to time, that I relate usb port management or drive overheating. But I am working on a project of the USB drive right now with more that forty files, and it is working okay. I am running an AMD 3800+ dual core on a fairly generic MB, with 2 gig memory, Using Premiere Pro 2.0
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Whats your equipment configuration ? How much memory ? Premiere version ?
Dell 690 4 cores. 4 gigs of RAM, 10 hard drives, separated by pairs in RAID0.
PP2, all updated.
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tup Wright
Try using virtual dub mod to open the m2t files. You will also need avisynth. You can get both these tools free from videohelp.com The trick is to choose File > Open > and in the box at the bottom it says "use avisynth template" drop it down and open Directshow source. Then bring the drop down menu for file type to include all files and choose your m2t file. It should open it up. You can then choose save as and save it to whatever file format you want. You may want to separate the audio at this point too.
I would like to edit native M2T without conversion, or go with other HDV / HD format.
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #6
Inner Circle

This is just background, since I don't use Raid... I seen some posts in other places where its being indicated that raid setups can create issues in some editing situations.... I didn't follow it closely, but saw some posts indicating certain RAID setups actually slow things down.... Not knocking the set up, just trying to give you something to look at.
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
This is just background, since I don't use Raid... I seen some posts in other places where its being indicated that raid setups can create issues in some editing situations.... I didn't follow it closely, but saw some posts indicating certain RAID setups actually slow things down.... Not knocking the set up, just trying to give you something to look at.
Thank you.
I'll try to switch source files to other single SIS hard drive.
Old January 25th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #8
Major Player

Try importing the files one by one, maybe one of them is corrupted (I had this issue myself)?
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #9
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Walczak
Try importing the files one by one, maybe one of them is corrupted (I had this issue myself)?
good idea, i will try it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite