Z1E and Adobe PP 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 27th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Tourist

Z1E and Adobe PP 2.0

Hello! First time poster so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong!

I bought a Sony HVR-Z1E camera last week, planning on shooting several documentaries in HD. I am using Sony HDV DigitalMaster 63 mins tapes. When filming the Rec format is HDV 1080i (PAL).

Now comes the tricky bit that I want to get right. Editing will be done on a high spec PC and I'll be using the i.Link cable (firewire) to capture the footage into Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 : but what would be the correct Project Settings and Capture Settings?

Currently I am doing this:
Capture Format: HDV
Editing Mode: HDV 1080i
Timebase is set to 25.00 fps and this I can't change.

It does however, seem to set the Project Settings General Video frame size to 1140 1080 (16:9) and this is something that confuses me.

When exporting I run into some problems and am not sure what to do...

So basically what I'm asking is: what settings would you recommend and can you give me any tips on making sure I get everything right? Many thanks in advance and any reply is appreciated! :)
Sam Van Tilburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Van Tilburgh
It does however, seem to set the Project Settings General Video frame size to 1140 1080 (16:9) and this is something that confuses me.

When exporting I run into some problems and am not sure what to do...
Well, I'm in NTSC-land AND I'm using PPro 1.5, so not exactly an expert, but...

I think you mean 1440x1080, not 1140, yes? That's what it's supposed to be. In PAL-land, 25fps is the correct frame rate.

So stick to the presets and you should be fine.

What kind of export problems are you having?

Mods: Move this to Premiere Forum?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite