XPPro64bit vs. XPPro32bit -Render tests - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #16
Major Player

Could be hardware specific in your case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner View Post
I simply have an avi, captured with PPRO on the timeline, as soon as I choose the option for Premiere Media Encoder I get the "serious error..." message.
This Adobe Tech document may resolve your issue - http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=332331

What video drivers are you using??? Any special effects, transitions, etc being used on this clip??? Is this clip HDV or DV? Cineform being used if HDV?

I would break this down to a basic clip if you haven't done so already and see if it still crashes. Recapture if possible. If it does crash again, then this may be a hardware specific issue - I run a dual Core AMD 3800+ AM2 with a Gigabyte mobo and 4GB of matched Corsair Dual Channel RAM and I can edit all day long with PPro and Vegas 7. I recently OC'd my processor by 10% (from 2.0ghz to 2.2) and still rock solid stable.

Looking at your hardware specs, you seem to have a solid system. The only thing I see that is different is that you are running only 2GB of RAM. Have you tried switching the Ram around in the slots to see if this resolves anything? What is your pagefile size?

I have been running PPro 1.5.1 on x64 XP Pro since last August without ANY issues whatsoever. Is this a fresh Install? I know that some crap apps tend to cause my system to get flaky and so I don't install anything I won't use on a regular basis for my work.

I'm a little stumped since you seem to not be on the bleeding edge for hardware. (I use to do tech support for Symantec at one time so I'm use to trouble shooting hardware issues)
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #17
Trustee

All certified drivers. I believe it is codecs. I have next to none installed, lol... I'm at work now, will install mpeg support and some others that my 32bit install has when I get home.
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #18
Trustee

SP2 is out!!!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...p-reasons.mspx

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite