Just recieved Matrox RT.X2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I Went to Adobe site and found note saying that for Canon XL H1 it will not export HD to tape. since the A1 is based on a lot of the same chips, I would expect the same problem -- Adobe problem, but Matrox has been good about finding fixes, they might do so for this -- otherwise I will need a camcorder to go back to tape. My workaround right now is to export a mpg2 HD 1920 x 1080 file. Earlier test doing a small clip looked real good. The 1 hr event we shot is taking 8 hrs to convert. However the file will also be ready for HD viewing via VLS software player and others and is a file format for Blu-ray.

The conversion process to go to tape is not fast either -- another person speculated that is because it will have to rebuild all the GOPs. Adobe engine is used and is not accelerated, as other things are with Matrox. I really like both my camcorder and matrox.

Bill in Ohio
Bill Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #17
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

The RT.X2 will save you a tremendous amount of time. While you can edit HDV footage with Premiere Pro 2 alone (or with Cineform), the added productivety and features of the RT.X2 make it worth every penny.

Adobe just announces CS3 today! That means anyone who buys an RT.X2 today forward gets a FREE upgrade to Premiere Pro CS3 (when it ships) - which includes Encore DVD CS3 w/ Blu-Ray authroing and OnLOcation (formerly Seious Magic DV Rack). If you order one of our RT.X2 and Adobe Production Studio bundles, you get a FREE upgrade to the new CS3 Production Premium when it ships.

http://www.videoguys.com/adobe.htm
http://www.videoguys.com/rtx2.html

Gary
Old March 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Fuchs View Post
Steve (or anybody else),

Can you check if you can export to tape on the HV20. I am looking into buying an A1 and the HV20 with the RT.X2, but I would really like to export to tape for archiving. It sound like the RT.X2 will not export to the A1 so I am really hoping it will export to the HV20, so I can archive that way.

Patiently waiting on what you find out.

thanks
jeff

Jeff,

Just got this from Matrox on compatibility with Canon 24F and 30F. To answer your question Matrox does recognize the HV20 and XH A1 but the only mode you can capture in right now is 60i 1080.

http://www.matrox.com/video/press/releases/rtx2_30.cfm

This is the press release dated March 27th on the upcoming 3.0 RT.X2 Software update.

Take care.

Steve
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Jeff and Steve:

I use the Matrox RTX2 tools v 2.0 and I just did two projects capturing in 1080 60i. The presets for capturing 24p are a download from Adobe for PP2.

I have not tried them yet.

The issue is not with Matrox on the export. Whether you have Matrox or not, Adobe (PP2) says they do not currently support export to tape to the Canon XL H1 and apparently the A1 or G1 as these use most of the same chips etc.

So if the HV20 will let me get an export out of PP2, then I kill two birds with one stone by getting a HV20 -- third HD camcorder to use as last ditch camera in a wedding (set to cover the main area of concern) and as my HD deck/export to camcorder.

All I need now is someone else to confirm the HV20 accepts export to tape from PP2.

Bill In Ohio
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bettan View Post
The RT.X2 will save you a tremendous amount of time. While you can edit HDV footage with Premiere Pro 2 alone (or with Cineform), the added productivety and features of the RT.X2 make it worth every penny.

Adobe just announces CS3 today! That means anyone who buys an RT.X2 today forward gets a FREE upgrade to Premiere Pro CS3 (when it ships) - which includes Encore DVD CS3 w/ Blu-Ray authroing and OnLOcation (formerly Seious Magic DV Rack). If you order one of our RT.X2 and Adobe Production Studio bundles, you get a FREE upgrade to the new CS3 Production Premium when it ships.

http://www.videoguys.com/adobe.htm
http://www.videoguys.com/rtx2.html

Gary

Great! (sigh) Thanks for the heads up Gary, I ordered my $2199 RT.X2 from you guys about 3 weeks ago. I guess im out of luck =(
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ritter View Post
Jeff and Steve:

I use the Matrox RTX2 tools v 2.0 and I just did two projects capturing in 1080 60i. The presets for capturing 24p are a download from Adobe for PP2.

I have not tried them yet.

The issue is not with Matrox on the export. Whether you have Matrox or not, Adobe (PP2) says they do not currently support export to tape to the Canon XL H1 and apparently the A1 or G1 as these use most of the same chips etc.

So if the HV20 will let me get an export out of PP2, then I kill two birds with one stone by getting a HV20 -- third HD camcorder to use as last ditch camera in a wedding (set to cover the main area of concern) and as my HD deck/export to camcorder.

All I need now is someone else to confirm the HV20 accepts export to tape from PP2.

Bill In Ohio
Bill Im going to check it out now, im putting together a small project to see if I can export it to the HV20. I will let you know how it goes.

Steve

EDIT: I can now confirm that Export to tape works with the HV20! I captured a 60i 1080 hdv clip, added it to my timeline and exported to tape. It transcoded to HDV then exported it back to my HDV tape, then just for good measure I re-imported it back from tape with no problems.

Take care,

Steve

Last edited by Steve Montoto; March 29th, 2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Updated Info
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #22
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Montoto View Post
Great! (sigh) Thanks for the heads up Gary, I ordered my $2199 RT.X2 from you guys about 3 weeks ago. I guess im out of luck =(
Never say never with Videoguys. Give me a call in the morning and I'll review your options. We're not going to leave ya stranded!

Gary
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #23
Major Player

Thank you very much Gary. I will call you in the morning, and by the way I love the RT.X2, with CS3 they added the XH-A1 24 and 30F mode support as you probably know, so I am very stoked!

Call you tomorrow and thanks again.

Steve
Old March 31st, 2007, 05:19 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bettan View Post
Never say never with Videoguys. Give me a call in the morning and I'll review your options. We're not going to leave ya stranded!

Gary

Just wanted to tell you thank you again Gary, everyone at Videoguys was very helpful. Im glad I purchased my RT.X2 from you, saved me $799 upgrade fee and that means alot to me.

Take care,

Steve
Old April 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM   #25
Regular Crew

The Matrox RT.X2 Quick Installation Guide states:
''In order to preview full-resolution HDV video, your DVI monitor must support a display resolution of at least 1920 x 1200.''
Does this mean that HDV video can be viewed - but at less than full resolution - or that HDV video can not be viewed at all without a 1920 x 1200 display resolving video monitor ?
Mike Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 08:33 AM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wade View Post
The Matrox RT.X2 Quick Installation Guide states:
''In order to preview full-resolution HDV video, your DVI monitor must support a display resolution of at least 1920 x 1200.''
Does this mean that HDV video can be viewed - but at less than full resolution - or that HDV video can not be viewed at all without a 1920 x 1200 display resolving video monitor ?
Good Question, I dont know the exact answer I went to Matrox Website and purchased one of the Recommended Monitors so there would be no question. I ended up getting the 23" Samsung. I love it, it has multiple inputs so My other computer uses it as its main monitor and when I edit, I just switch imputs and its my HD output monitor on my editing suite.

You might ask Gary from Videoguys or post a msg on the Matrox forums to answer your tech question.

Steve
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Mike

The answer to your question is whether you hook up a computer monitor to the DVI output, or you hook up a HD TV or monitor with component cables.

If you use a computer monitor thru DVI, then it needs to have a resolution of at least 1920 x 1200 or it will not display

http://www.matrox.com/video/support/...vi_monitor.cfm

If on the other hand you use Component cables as I did to a $300 HD TV (1400 x 800 I think) I I got it at Meijers grocery store (weird huh) on sale at Christmas. It display from the Matrox just fine - I would assume even better if it were true 1080 display.

Bill in Ohio
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:37 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot - just what I wanted to know. However the possibility of finding an HD TV anywhere in England at anywhere near that price is zero !

Cheers,

Mike (in Yorkshire)
Mike Wade is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite