anyone use multi-camera editing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 6th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #1
Major Player

anyone use multi-camera editing?

Hi, I am having some trouble getting multi camera editing to work in PPro2.0.
As the programs help suggested, I have created a sequence consisiting of 2 synched clips and then put them into a new sequence.
I have enabled multi camera editing on this sequence and sure enough the preview window splits up into the 3 clips and a 4th black corner (as I only had 3 clips)

HOWEVER... I do not see the red record button as suggested in the premiere help file. When i click play on the sequence the selected clip plays in the output window, but as i click the next clip to change it, the playback stops. I also notice that the left hand window is called "sequence 03" and not "multi camera" as it seems to be called in the screen grabs in the premiere help file.

If anyone could explain this I would be very appreicative...
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I have done two or three multicam edits so far and it worked great! There is a good tutorial here: http://digitalproducer.digitalmedian...e.jsp?id=36989
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #3
New Boot

David,

You're almost there. Click the little arrow in the top right corner of the preview window (program monitor). A menu will pop up. Select "Multi-camera Monitor". A new preview will pop up which shows the split view and has the record button.
Sean Schult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 03:24 AM   #4
Major Player

thanks for your help guys but i just cant get this working. I have now opened the multi camera monitor with the record button (thanks sean) but it is greyed out and inactive. I can noto et any video on this window or get the record button to become active???

EDIT: When I select the sequence 1 the window becomes active. Sequence 1 is the pre nested sequence consisting of the 4 synchronised clips on top of each other. obviously when I select this the multi camera window shows the same half screen video on the left and right (as this sequence is not enabled for multi camera editing)

This means that I must have done something wrong when nesting the sequence and creating the multi camera sequence. All I did was drag this 1st sequence onto a track of theh 2nd sequence. The left window then shows all 4 clips split into quarters so I assume it is ok.. however with this sequence the multi camera monitor is not active as i mentioned.

anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by David J. Payne; March 12th, 2007 at 03:54 AM.
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #5
Inner Circle

You say you put the first timeline onto a track of another timeline. You must put the sequence on the FIRST video track, not any track. I'm just curious, have you checked out the tutorial I mentioned above? It is completely accurate, that's what I followed when I first did a multicam edit.
Old March 12th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Major Player

DAVID,

After nesting your syncro seq in a new seq remember to activate multi cam
under CLIP - MULTICAMERA and then open your multicam window.

Herman.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #7
Major Player

thanks to all I have got it working now. I had not dragged the clip onto track 1 that was the problem. I have also noticed the audio that you wish to carry over onto the new multi camera sequence must also be on track 1.

Sorry Ervin I should have said the pc I do editing on didnt have net access so didnt get round to checking out that tutorial.

Thanks to all for your help, this will come in very handy when editing wedding speeches!
David J. Payne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite