After I'm Done Editing, What Do I Export As? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 11th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #1
Major Player

After I'm Done Editing, What Do I Export As?

Hey guys, I have a Canon XH A1 and edit my HDV projects natively in PP2.0. My projects are to be delivered to the web.

When I am done editing my project in PP, what should I export the final sequence as to maintain the highest quality possible and allow me to take it to Sorenson Squeeze or QT7Pro to encode files for the web? I have tried exporting my final sequence as an "Uncompressed AVI", but both QT7Pro and Sorenson are not reading these uncompressed .avi files for some reason.

How does everyone export their project so they can take it to Quicktime 7 Pro or Sorenson Squeeze? Thanks for any help.
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Trustee

When I am just going to make it 400X224 or anything smaller than 864X480, I generally just export as DV AVI. Quicktime and Sorenson like that just fine.

If you want something really large, try exporting using the Quicktime Animation codec. Enormous files, but decent quality.

The simple solution for Sorenson is to get Cineform Aspect HD. The latest Squeeze supports the Cineform codec and the benefits to having a realtime and satisfying editing experience are many. You could export a Cineform HD AVI and use it for archiving and encoding for web, and still have it handy when you need to convert it for Blu-Ray.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Major Player

What version of Squeeze are you running?

I usually use Quicktime's Animation codec too for high-quality transistions between applications. It's pretty much uncompressed and seems to be a sweet spot in terms of acceptance by other video programs.
Ralph Keyser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite