Premiere Pro 2.0 and GeForce 7800 GTX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 2.0 and GeForce 7800 GTX

I am using Premiere Pro editing HDV with an effect or two on clips. Gets a little choppy although works fine without effects. The PC is a year old Dell Dual Core XPS with 2GB memory.

I realise there are hardware options (e.g. Matrox RTX) that would sort a lot of these problems. However, can I get any better performance from my GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card by shifting more work onto the it with a couple of tweaks? The driver I have is version 7.7.7.4

I have tried changing the Playback settings from Premiere Pro's wing menu to use "GPU acceleration" but have not notieced any difference at all. ......... Shoud I expect to and if so is there anything else I can tweak?

Cheers
Mark
Mark G. Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Major Player

From what I know for standard premier pro editing there isnt much of a difference. I use a 7950gx2 and I bought it for Magic Bullet Editors 2.0 pp2.0 plugin, and the nvidia gpu definately does wonders for that, but for just Premier standalone, nothing too much. Someone correct me otherwise!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite