DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premier pro .m2t export (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/91365-premier-pro-m2t-export.html)

Dmitry Yun April 12th, 2007 01:38 PM

Premier pro .m2t export

Hey guys, I'm trying to find an export function in premier pro for an .m2t function in adobe encoder. But it's just not there. Did i miss something do i have to download an upgrade of some sort. Thanks

Ervin Farkas April 13th, 2007 05:57 AM

PPRO 2.0? You have to use "media encoder" istead of "export movie".

Dmitry Yun April 13th, 2007 07:50 AM

Hey thanks for the reply, I did try using media encoder and selected the mpeg2 compression but it just makes it into an mpeg file, small size compresses the heck out of it. How do I switch it to an m2t export?

Thanks

Brent Graham April 24th, 2007 01:32 PM

Well...

The answer to this is twofold...

since you're using .m2t I'm going to assume that you're capturing HDV and editing HDV.

So first...GET CINEFORM!!! You'll never regret it.

Second. Once you have cineform, select export...movie...then choose the preset "cineform m2t"

Choose your export options and click save...there you go, perfect .m2t output.

Brad Tyrrell April 25th, 2007 05:35 AM

I bet you can frameserve to one of the freewares and get an .m2t.

Debug, Vdub, MPEGStreamclip, etc.

Haven't done it, you'd have to experiment.

Back to an .m2t for later processing and more codecing? Sounds pretty lossy. Cineform probably the best idea if you really need .m2t.

Ervin Farkas April 25th, 2007 02:55 PM

Yes, Cineform would make editing easier, but you can live without it if you choose to.

Come to think, why do you need an m2t in the first place? What is your final goal with that file? A high def mpg wouldn't do it? M2T is basically an mpeg file, video and audio are the exact same, just packaged a little different.

Eric Chan April 27th, 2007 12:11 AM

So, I can capture my HDV footage and edit them in PP2.0 without using Cineform?

I have a HC1 and when I capture the footage with PP2.0 using "HDV Capture" as the Capture Format, I get a mpeg file which is 11 GB large for a 57 mins clip. Does this sound right? I thought HDV requires more storage space than SD (13 GB avi file for an hour). Would it because of the compression during capture?

When I look at the properties of the clip that I captured, the image size is 1440 x 1080.

Thanks,
Eric

Brad Tyrrell April 27th, 2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Chan (Post 668328)
So, I can capture my HDV footage and edit them in PP2.0 without using Cineform?

Yes.
Quote:

I get a mpeg file which is 11 GB large for a 57 mins clip. Does this sound right?

Yes.
Quote:

the image size is 1440 x 1080.

Yes.

Eric Chan April 27th, 2007 10:46 AM

Brad, thanks for the reply... could you explain a little more why the mpeg file size is the same as the SD avi file size? Does pp2 applies mpeg compression during capture or it is how the footage is stored in the DV tape to start with...

Thanks

Ervin Farkas April 27th, 2007 11:28 AM

No, PPRO does not apply compression at capture - you can actually use a very small and simple free program called HDV Split to capture directly from your camera to your hard drive in the native .m2t format, then import that into your NLE. And yes, the m2t format is a variation of mpeg.

HDV and standard definition DV are the same file size for the same duration. The difference is in the compression - while with DV every single frame is compressed, HDV is mpeg - you have groups of picture (GOP) where a series of pictures are based on previous pictures. In short, HDV has a much higher compression rate.

This article will help you a lot with your questions: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...20hdv%20primer

Brad Tyrrell April 27th, 2007 01:04 PM

Eric,

I think Ervin explained it pretty well.

I use HDVSplit right now to capture because I have a not terribly fast laptop for capturing and I didn't want to bog it down with PP2 or even Cineform's HDlink.

I couldn't get PP2 working with Cineform (PP3 Beta works fine though) so I just edited the .m2ts from HDVSplit in PP2 and frameseved to Tmpgenc. I did find that running the .m2ts through MPEGStreamclip (free) just to fix timecodes was very helpful.

Looking forward to the full release of PP3 with DVRack. I used the trial of DV Rack a while back so I'm hoping the new and improved version works as well. I didn't really need DV Rack at the time since Scenalyzer did such a great job.

Boy, would I like to simplify my work flow.