DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Canon HDV and Adobe Premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/92182-canon-hdv-adobe-premiere.html)

David Warren April 29th, 2007 01:04 AM

lots of hardrive space free?

Ari Perilstein April 29th, 2007 01:00 PM

yeah i have over 500 gig available. its weird because a few times it worked and then most times it does'nt. i can capture dv footage easy but something is up with hdv. any other ideas? thanks

Maksim Yankovskiy May 2nd, 2007 04:26 PM

I think what PP2 is doing is "conforming" the audio. I've captured 5 minutes of HDV footage from A1 to PP2 yesterday. It took about 1GB of disk space and indexes reasonably quick - about a minute.

Daniel Smeltzer May 4th, 2007 01:13 PM

Ran into the same problem just now on my machine. There is a thread on this in the Adobe forums. The solution (at least for some of us) is to create a new user on the machine with Admin privileges and use PPro with that user. With Admin privileges, file permissions shouldn't be an issue.

This points to the problem somehow being linked to the user's profile on the computer. As of yet, noone seems to know what file or setting causes the issue.

Keith Fletcher May 15th, 2007 05:28 PM

Capturing Problems in Premiere Pro, Vista

Hi, everybody. This forum seems to have the best personal insights and technical knowhow about the XH-A1 and workflow in general, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I shot some HDV 24F footage on the A1. I went to capture this with Premiere Pro 2.0 in 32-bit Vista Premium (using the HDV preset provided by Adobe for 24F footage.) But it's a no go.

Here's the details:

It says "Capture device offline" at the top, but when you visit Device settings it says the status is "Online".
I can control the camera using the device controls in PPro, but I cannot record. The record button is grayed out.

My capture settings are:

Capture Format: Adobe HD-SDI
Video Standard: NTSC
Brand: Generic
Type: HDV Device
Timecode Format: Auto-Detect

On the camera itself, I made sure to change the PLAYBACK STD to "HDV" and the HD-DOWN CONV to "OFF."

I am also able to capture .M2T files with Vegas 7, so it's not an issue with the Firewire cable or connections on the camera or computer.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the new Premiere Pro CS3 Beta, and tried the same thing, and it gave me a kink: it tried to use "DV Capture" as the Format and let me hit the Record button - but didn't actually attempt to record anything. So that was a bust, too.

If anyone can give me any pointers on what to do to get this work, that would be great.

K

Steve Withers May 19th, 2007 05:47 PM

Keith,

Have you tried using the Adobe HDV capture format instead of HD-SDI? Unless you're actually capturing HD-SDI, which I'm assuming you're not because you have an A1, then I believe the Adobe HDV profile is the way to go. I've only worked with the A1 once, so I could be completely wrong, of course =P but I have captured from an A1 to PPro2 on Vista x64 using the Adobe HDV settings successfully.

Danny Aldaca May 19th, 2007 07:34 PM

I have same problem that my computer not recognizing the device but I found a way to get it working. First I turn the dial to (EXT CONT) instead puting it to (VCR PLAY) and when my computer try to install new device that's the time I turn the dial to VCR PLAY and it will recognize your camcorder. Try it out it works fine for me.

Boris Mandich May 20th, 2007 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Steve Withers;682365]Keith,

Have you tried using the Adobe HDV capture format instead of HD-SDI? Unless you're actually capturing HD-SDI, which I'm assuming you're not because you have an A1, then I believe the Adobe HDV profile is the way to go.

I agree with Steve, you opened a wrong project settings, try HDV project.

David Hurst May 22nd, 2007 09:19 AM

Export to Tape from Premiere Pro 2.0: Any work-arounds?

Anyone find a solution or work-around for the problem of the A1 capturing only 4 minutes or so and then stopping? I've read many counts of others who are having this problem, even before I experienced it myself. But, like others, when I try to export a timeline to tape from PP 2.0, it captures beautifully for, oh, about 4-4.5 minutes, and then stops, with a message saying something to the effect of "check Firewire connection."

My archiving system relies heavily on being able to export client projects back to tape, as I don't have the cashflow or desire to be buying a new hard drive every few projects. I just started editing my first HDV projects from the A1, and this limitation is thowing a major monkey wrench in my workflow.

Dave

Jose Ortiz May 22nd, 2007 10:15 AM

Yes I have the same problem too this last weekend using the camera and PPro2. I though that it was me doing something wrong. I wish that somebody can do something to help us. I'm wondering if the canon hv20 is avoiding this problem. I would let you know as soon I with the hv20. Other question is if the Cs3 version is taking care of this issue with a1.

Larry Chapman May 22nd, 2007 06:49 PM

Please submit defects to Adobe and Canon! If they see enough maybe it will get fixed.

Jose Ortiz May 24th, 2007 10:02 AM

I did more research with this issue and I found that this is a problem posted in the Adobe PPpro forum with no good final results. Adobe people says that is a canon issue. I also try my hv20 but is still doing the same problem after 6.5 minutes of expoting.

My other option will be to try my A1 whith the Cineform Hd Link export tape tool. I hope to have good results.

Larry Chapman May 24th, 2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz (Post 685518)
I did more research with this issue and I found that this is a problem posted in the Adobe PPpro forum with no good final results. Adobe people says that is a canon issue. I also try my hv20 but is still doing the same proble after 6.5 minutes.

My other option will be to try my A1 whith the Cineform Hd Link export tape. I hope to have good results.

In an Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 forum an Adobe employee claimed that it's fixed in CS3. Of course, that means *paying* hundreds of dollars for a defect fix (unless you planned to upgrade anyway). I replied to my current defect report to Adobe with this info and my concern about having to pay so much for a defect fix.

Jose Ortiz May 24th, 2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Chapman (Post 685525)
In an Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 forum an Adobe employee claimed that it's fixed in CS3. Of course, that means *paying* hundreds of dollars for a defect fix (unless you planned to upgrade anyway). I replied to my current defect report to Adobe with this info and my concern about having to pay so much for a defect fix.

Thanks for the info
I'm totally agreed with you larry, if they can not make it work in the existing version where they are charging you for a software that is supposed to be including this feature, they should not charge hundreds of $ for upgrades to people who already paid for that.

Larry Chapman May 24th, 2007 01:19 PM

Ugh. Just got this response from Adobe. What a crock! Because I own the Production Studio Premium that is what I need to upgrade (for $799!). I sent a very pointed response to them, asking for an escalation.

*** Notes to Customer ***
05/24/2007 18:53:49
I understand that the issue with your Canon XH A1 has been clarified and
that you are aware that this particular issue is to be remedied on
Premiere Pro CS3.
The simple answer to your question is yes. You will need to upgrade to
Production Studio CS3 to have the compatibility with the Canon XH A1.
I do apologize for any inconvenience this situation may be causing you
and if there are any other questions you may have about this please feel
free to contact us.
You may call us at (800) 642-3623. We are available from 6:00 am to
5:00 pm Monday - Friday, Pacific Time.
Kind regards,
Erik H.
Adobe Web Support