DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Canon HDV and Adobe Premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/92182-canon-hdv-adobe-premiere.html)

Giles Buchanan February 19th, 2007 07:51 AM

Canon HDV and Adobe Premiere

Just got my A1 this morning! Sweet! Waiting for the battery to charge, but I'm wondering, what (if anything) do I have to download to enable the 25f capture from the camcorder?

And can I download it from adobe?

Regards all,

Giles B

P.S. anything else you guys reccomend I do to prepare my camera... E.g. I've read a lot about turning off AGC, things like that....

Robert Garvey February 20th, 2007 10:36 PM

Giles you have probably already done this by now (just seen your post). But there is a new preset at the Adobe site for PP2 and your pal 25f. Once installed as per instructions your option becomes available in the 'new project' area.

Cheers,

Sundar Ramamoorthy April 23rd, 2007 11:17 AM

Adobe Premiere 3.0 and Canon XH A1

Is anyone using Adobe Premiere 3.0 for PP ?
I notice that if I choose to export as 1080 24p, it takes a Gig of space for a couple of minutes of shoot. Is there anyway to compress, but not loose quality.

Also I noticed that, if I shoot in 24F mode, panning produces very choppy pictures (even if my shutter speed is more than 1000), although still videos are excellent. How to avoid this?

Thanks
Sundar Ramamoorthy

Don Palomaki April 23rd, 2007 11:36 AM

Faster shutter makes for even more choppy video (strobe-like effect). Try a slower shutter, like 1/48 - 1/60 or so. The slight motion blurr will tend to smooth out the motion.

Learn from what works in the movies: you do not see fast pans or tilts, and when you do, they tend to look terrible.

Mark Fry April 24th, 2007 10:30 AM

If you like pans, tilts and fast motion then 50i/60i is your friend. If you want 24p then you must compromise on the motion in your "motion pictures". Of course we'd all like 50p/60p but that's a whole different budget!

Maksim Yankovskiy April 25th, 2007 06:37 PM

Adobe Premier Pro 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundar Ramamoorthy (Post 665772)
Is anyone using Adobe Premiere 3.0 for PP ?

Isn't PPro3 still a pre-order? It's listed as a pre-order on adobe.com.

David Warren April 25th, 2007 07:03 PM

maybe he means premiere elements 3?

Adam La Prade April 25th, 2007 10:32 PM

You can download a free prerelease of Premiere Pro CS3 from http://labs.adobe.com

David Warren April 25th, 2007 11:42 PM

does it have any advantages over premiere pro 2.0?

Brian Brown April 25th, 2007 11:49 PM

Due to licensing, there is no HDV support with the PPro's CS3 free prerelease. So I haven't bothered with it, although I am looking forward to the real release of the new suite this summer because of the inclusion of the ex-DV Rack monitoring and capturing software, time re-mapping, and a few other enhancements/ features to all of the software titles.

Sundar, check your export codec and settings. There's soooo many different ways to encode, from HDV (~12GB per hour) to uncompressed (1.2 GB per second).

Brian Brown

Brad Tyrrell April 26th, 2007 09:14 AM

I started framserving with DebugMode in PP2 to save space. No problems yet. Works fine with PP3 too.

I'm using Cineform in the PP3 Beta so don't need the HDV function. Frameserving to Tmpgenc Express.

I'm finding PP3 to be much better in handling memory. PP2 would slow to a crawl with Cineform and crash often. PP3 is working fine.

Maksim Yankovskiy April 27th, 2007 10:41 AM

I am also very much looking forward to it (Adobe OnLocation) - the DV-Rack renamed Adobe-style. It should be pretty sweet. Of course, it will not have the camera controls of Canon Console software, but the later is a $600 package, which makes OnLocation even more appealing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Brown (Post 667655)
...I am looking forward to the real release of the new suite this summer because of the inclusion of the ex-DV Rack monitoring and capturing software, time re-mapping, and a few other enhancements/ features to all of the software titles.
Brian Brown

Ari Perilstein April 28th, 2007 04:10 PM

A1 capture with Premiere Pro 2.0

The first time I connected the A1 through the firewire and then into premeire pro 2.0 I captured with no issues. Ever since then I have been having a major issue. I can capture the image but when I close the capture tool it seems like the clip is indexing and continues to index forever and I cannot see the actual picture. Does anyone know a solution for this? Thanks

Even Solberg April 28th, 2007 04:13 PM

Let it finish indexing. It'll take a while, but once it's done you're in business.

Ari Perilstein April 28th, 2007 06:28 PM

I tried that..actually let it index overnight and nothing happened. any other ideas? I can't be the only one with this issue am I?