m2t file from Vegas has pixelated first frames? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:32 PM   #1
Major Player

m2t file from Vegas has pixelated first frames?

Hi,

I captured some clips from my HV20 in Vegas. Saved them as M2T files and opened them in PPro2. The first frames of the clips are "green" and pixelated and the transitions are "wacky"(strange). PPro2 usually works fine.

Any ideas?

//Lazze
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Trustee

Dropped frame?
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #3
Major Player

The clips plays 100% fine on Windows Media Player and Vegas - so I don't think it is a dropped frame.

Is the m2t format a general standard?

//Lazze
Old May 4th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Inner Circle

M2T is an MPEG transport stream. I've seen this happening as well in PremPro, and what I think it is, those first few frames are "left over" from a previous group of pictures (GOP). HDV uses a 15-frame GOP, and if you don't have the keyframe, your next 14 frames will be incomplete. Some simple free utilities can help you find the first keyframe and cut out the portion before it, I've done it with MPEG Streamclip. But you can do it directly in PremPro, simply advance to the first good frame and cut the bad ones.

Since you are admittedly at the beginning or your jurney "into HD land" as you put it in another post, I warmly recommend this primer from Adobe, it will answer many, many of your questions: http://www.adobe.com/products/premie...rimer_0306.pdf.

Cheers,
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the link - very informative indeed!

It seems like PPro2 is pickier than Vegas when checing the GOP structure. When I cut of 0.5s from the begining of the clip, the "mosaic" dissapeared.

As usual I cant decide what platform to edit on...Vegas or PPro... Vegas I can make nice C# addons for...PPro2 renders faster....

// Lazze

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite