PREMIERE PRO - looking for GOOD video effects or video transitions... PLUG-INS at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PREMIERE PRO - looking for GOOD video effects or video transitions... PLUG-INS

Greetings.
Many moons ago I used PP with Canopus (bundled with capture card, etc.), which had a host of awesome video effects and transitions that plugged into PP. Now, a few editing systems later-- not using the Canopus Card (Etc.)... I don't have access to those but would like some good recommendations for some GREAT/ PROFESSIONAL LOOKING video effects/transitions plug-ins for PP2.

THANKS!
Greg Schlueter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM   #2
New Boot

I have a Matrox RTX 100 card that I use with PP 1.5, and when I installed PP2, I found that it works, but it will not work with the Matrox card. So the effects that the Matrox card provides are not available. However, I have largely stopped using the Matrox effects some time ago, finding that I can better control the effects I normally need without using it. So I just use what PP came with, and in the vast majority of cases, it suffices. (Most of the productions I do are TV ads, by the way.)

If I want a high-end looking effect, I create it in AE and import the resulting clip into PP2. Normally, that is what I will do for introductions to productions, and/or closings, but for the main body of the production, I use very few FX, and as for transitions, a simple dissolve is by far the best transition to use, IMHO. It does not distract from the production, and is normally not even noticed, which is the goal, I think. When you try to impress the audience with every cool effect you can find, then it becomes not just distracting, but annoying. Simple is best in my book.
Ron Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Have you seen the Sapphire plugins by GenArts? Its quite expensive at $1600 US for the whole package, but they're super sweet and definitely professional-looking.

I know Boris Red or Boris FX can function as a Premiere plugin too, so that might be something to check out. Personally, I'm not impressed with their appearance. I know Boris Red can generate 3D text, but to me it just screams early 1990's when 3D started becoming more prevalent... Best of luck to you!
Shawn McCalip is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite