DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Dv Avi Quality (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/96347-dv-avi-quality.html)

Arunava Choudhury June 12th, 2007 03:27 AM

Dv Avi Quality

I am a 3d animator and use Adobe Premiere 6.5 for Video Editing and final output purpose.When I use the default Microsoft Dv Avi codec to export my edit as the final Dv I do not get the quality I am looking for.Its not that sharp and picture quality is not satisfactory.Well I haven't checked the quality with a television but in terms of watching output with a pc monitor I am not getting the best result.Is it because I am watching it in my computer monitor and not in a tv or I should use some special codec as canopus dv booster pack or somthing simmilier.My purpose to get best result from Firewire editing setup.Please help me to solve this out.

Bart Walczak June 12th, 2007 04:29 AM

Use Microsoft Uncompressed or any other uncompressed codec like HUFFYUV.

Tom Hardwick June 12th, 2007 05:06 AM

Have you tried exporting the timeline as a Microsoft.avi file rather than as as a M/S DV.avi? I find with my Premiere 6.5+Canopus Storm2 that this gives a cleaner results. You're in 16:9? Making DVDs as final output? Better then to avoid avi files and compress straight to MPEG2.

tom.

Alfred Diaz June 12th, 2007 07:33 AM

What 3D program are you using to develop your clips? Not that I would know anything about it. But here are some questions that might help.

What image size are you creating the original file in? If the image size is smaller than your Premiere Pro output size, you will reduce quality when trying to watch it on a full screen.

What image size are you creating in the Premiere Pro uncompressed .avi file? If you make it too small, you will again reduce quality when trying to watch it on a full screen.

Finally, when viewing clips in your 3D program, what quality do you get with full screen viewing?

Hope these questions help.

Ervin Farkas June 12th, 2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Walczak (Post 695562)
Use Microsoft Uncompressed or any other uncompressed codec like HUFFYUV.

HUFFYUV is not uncompressed - it is compressed about 2:1 but visually lossless.

Arunava Choudhury June 15th, 2007 10:23 PM

Dv Export Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick (Post 695573)
Have you tried exporting the timeline as a Microsoft.avi file rather than as as a M/S DV.avi? I find with my Premiere 6.5+Canopus Storm2 that this gives a cleaner results. You're in 16:9? Making DVDs as final output? Better then to avoid avi files and compress straight to MPEG2.

tom.

Thanks Tom.I have tried exporting the timeline as Microsoft avi uncompressed and yes it is cleaner and sharper but size is huge obviously.
But I do not know wheather I am going to face any problem in uncompressed avi when I export it to pal dv tape.And also uncompressed avi is not playing smoothly and drop frames.My machine configuaration is intel core 2 duo,1 g.b xeon ram,nvidia gforce 256 mb,firewire card.Please guide me how should I export my edit to final avi,to pal dv tape and also to pal dvd.

Tom Hardwick June 16th, 2007 07:06 AM

Can't you just pull the yellow work area over the complex and completed timeline edit, connect your DV recorder to the pc via firewire, set the Mini DV tape recording and start the timeline playing? Then you'll keep a 'perfect' copy of your finished edit, and the 13 gb will be safe on tape. No need for a M/Savi file.

Or maybe I'm not hearing you correctly.

tom.

Arunava Choudhury June 17th, 2007 10:53 PM

Got It

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick (Post 697623)
Can't you just pull the yellow work area over the complex and completed timeline edit, connect your DV recorder to the pc via firewire, set the Mini DV tape recording and start the timeline playing? Then you'll keep a 'perfect' copy of your finished edit, and the 13 gb will be safe on tape. No need for a M/Savi file.

Or maybe I'm not hearing you correctly.

tom.

Thank you Tom.I will follow your instructions & sugessions.Thank you again.