Dv Avi Quality at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 12th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #1
Tourist

Dv Avi Quality

I am a 3d animator and use Adobe Premiere 6.5 for Video Editing and final output purpose.When I use the default Microsoft Dv Avi codec to export my edit as the final Dv I do not get the quality I am looking for.Its not that sharp and picture quality is not satisfactory.Well I haven't checked the quality with a television but in terms of watching output with a pc monitor I am not getting the best result.Is it because I am watching it in my computer monitor and not in a tv or I should use some special codec as canopus dv booster pack or somthing simmilier.My purpose to get best result from Firewire editing setup.Please help me to solve this out.
Arunava Choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Use Microsoft Uncompressed or any other uncompressed codec like HUFFYUV.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 05:06 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Have you tried exporting the timeline as a Microsoft.avi file rather than as as a M/S DV.avi? I find with my Premiere 6.5+Canopus Storm2 that this gives a cleaner results. You're in 16:9? Making DVDs as final output? Better then to avoid avi files and compress straight to MPEG2.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

What 3D program are you using to develop your clips? Not that I would know anything about it. But here are some questions that might help.

What image size are you creating the original file in? If the image size is smaller than your Premiere Pro output size, you will reduce quality when trying to watch it on a full screen.

What image size are you creating in the Premiere Pro uncompressed .avi file? If you make it too small, you will again reduce quality when trying to watch it on a full screen.

Finally, when viewing clips in your 3D program, what quality do you get with full screen viewing?

Hope these questions help.
Alfred Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Walczak View Post
Use Microsoft Uncompressed or any other uncompressed codec like HUFFYUV.
HUFFYUV is not uncompressed - it is compressed about 2:1 but visually lossless.
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #6
Tourist

Dv Export Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick View Post
Have you tried exporting the timeline as a Microsoft.avi file rather than as as a M/S DV.avi? I find with my Premiere 6.5+Canopus Storm2 that this gives a cleaner results. You're in 16:9? Making DVDs as final output? Better then to avoid avi files and compress straight to MPEG2.

tom.
Thanks Tom.I have tried exporting the timeline as Microsoft avi uncompressed and yes it is cleaner and sharper but size is huge obviously.
But I do not know wheather I am going to face any problem in uncompressed avi when I export it to pal dv tape.And also uncompressed avi is not playing smoothly and drop frames.My machine configuaration is intel core 2 duo,1 g.b xeon ram,nvidia gforce 256 mb,firewire card.Please guide me how should I export my edit to final avi,to pal dv tape and also to pal dvd.
Arunava Choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Can't you just pull the yellow work area over the complex and completed timeline edit, connect your DV recorder to the pc via firewire, set the Mini DV tape recording and start the timeline playing? Then you'll keep a 'perfect' copy of your finished edit, and the 13 gb will be safe on tape. No need for a M/Savi file.

Or maybe I'm not hearing you correctly.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #8
Tourist

Got It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick View Post
Can't you just pull the yellow work area over the complex and completed timeline edit, connect your DV recorder to the pc via firewire, set the Mini DV tape recording and start the timeline playing? Then you'll keep a 'perfect' copy of your finished edit, and the 13 gb will be safe on tape. No need for a M/Savi file.

Or maybe I'm not hearing you correctly.

tom.
Thank you Tom.I will follow your instructions & sugessions.Thank you again.
Arunava Choudhury is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite