PP questions about mixing 24p and 60i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 14th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #1
Major Player

PP questions about mixing 24p and 60i

I'm sure these are going to sound like stupid questions so please forgive my ignorance. I have been shooting in both 24p and 60i with the HV20. I made a project using the presets for HDV 60i and then I made a custom canon preset project for the 24p.
The 24p was gorgeous for relatively still shots with no panning, any action involved (my son mountain biking) and the action became juttery. 60i did not suffer from this. So I took the 24p footage of my son biking, cut it, then pasted it into the 60i project and voila. No jutter but the richness of color was lost.
So here's my questions. I haven't had a chance to render these projects and watch them, nor will I for a month because I'm on the road but I have alot more filming to do.
After rendering will there be a difference that I don't see now? If there isn't any difference, what does it matter if you shoot in 24p or 60i if cutting 24p to 60i changes them over. Or maybe my amateur eyes are too poorly developed to see a difference? I realize these questions are beneath most people but I'd be grateful for any help.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Major Player

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone might take a stab at this.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite