DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   "Error Compiling Movie" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/97654-error-compiling-movie.html)

Kevin Amundson June 27th, 2007 11:56 AM

"Error Compiling Movie"

I am trying to export a 1440 x 1080(pixel aspect ratio of 1.33:1) Quick Time Movie with compression set at none.

Every time I export the movie from Premiere Pro 2.0 I get an error that says "Error Compiling Movie" and it cancels the export. What am I doing wrong?

I have successfully exported a TIFF image sequence for my first clip, but I would rather have it as a Quick Time Movie to do my green screen work.

Dave Morgan July 7th, 2007 01:09 PM

i got that before also. check your pixel size use something like 320-320 or 640-640 something even on both high and with.

Dave Morgan July 7th, 2007 01:10 PM

never mind that lol.

Toke Lahti July 9th, 2007 06:09 AM

I'm trying to do exactly the same with BlackMagic 10b codec.
"Export error. Error compiling movie. Unknown error."

Ben Winter July 10th, 2007 12:05 PM

Yep. I get this a lot. Adobe Media Encoder just doesn't work for me.

Toke Lahti July 11th, 2007 08:02 AM

I'm having also problems with SheerVideo's 10bit qt-codecs.
Has Apple done something to quicktime lately that breaks all 3rd party codecs?

Toke Lahti July 11th, 2007 10:28 AM

Btw, same thing with blackmagic 8bit...

Update: and with Component Video codec...

Deke Ryland July 11th, 2007 10:50 AM

I've spoke to Adobe about this particular problem. The problem is a bug in adobe's software. It isn't allowing you to export anything with uncompressed larger than about 3-4 GB's. Try exporting something that is like 2seconds long... it should work. Anything over 20-30 secs will fail.

This is the case with most of their uncompressed formats, both AVI and QT Animation, etc. The only one that works for me is QT.None. Sorry to break it to you, but you are using one of the worst exporters in business.. ADOBE stinks at exporting. I wish I had FCP.

Toke Lahti July 11th, 2007 11:49 AM

Funny that when I talked to adobe's support, they knew nothing about this problem...
Does CS3 have the same problem?

Deke Ryland July 11th, 2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toke Lahti (Post 710429)
Funny that when I talked to adobe's support, they knew nothing about this problem...
Does CS3 have the same problem?

I have talked to them twice about this very problem months ago! One guy knew what I was talking about and told me there was a solution. He had me uninstall quicktime (making me believe it was quicktime's problem) and create a new windows user account and install quicktime on that. I knew it wouldn't work.. and of course, I was right.

The other guy (or girl I should say)... knew nothing of this. I would have imagined millions of people would be calling adobe about this... but I guess not. Either that or they haven't a clue over there. I'm sure if you talked to someone that did know about this problem, they would simply tell you it was Apple's problem, not Adobe's. That seems to be the popular thing with software companies these days. It's not our fault, it's theirs! I often feel like telling them about software I wrote in my own made-up coding language... but how it didn't work cause Windows wasn't written properly to understand it.

Honestly, I haven't tried it in CS3.. and if I get around to it, I will let you know. Try the codec, QT->Apple->None. I think that used to work for me. I have since stopped exporting uncompressed.

Kevin Amundson July 11th, 2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke Ryland (Post 710391)
It isn't allowing you to export anything with uncompressed larger than about 3-4 GB's.

After talking to my father about this he mentioned that Windows also has a max file size limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke Ryland (Post 710583)
Try the codec, QT->Apple->None. I think that used to work for me.

I will try this out and see what the maximum length that I can get is.

Deke Ryland July 11th, 2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Amundson (Post 710645)
After talking to my father about this he mentioned that Windows also has a max file size limit.

There is only a max file size limit of 4GB if your hard drives are formatted with FAT32. They should be NTFS... in which you have pretty much unlimited file sizes available.

Toke Lahti July 12th, 2007 01:17 AM

Somebody over here:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc465d0/7
said that the bug should be fixed in CS3.

Since PP2 isn't really new upgrade anymore, I can't trust that there wouldn't be any new secret horrible bugs, that would not be fixed in CS3 too...

With hdv/brd/hd-dvd there is a need for low compression 4:2:0@10bit intermedia codec. Does anybody know any?

Toke Lahti July 15th, 2007 05:10 AM

Could somebody here confirm that "over 4GB qt-export" bug is fixed in CS3?

Roger Averdahl July 15th, 2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toke Lahti (Post 712277)
Could somebody here confirm that "over 4GB qt-export" bug is fixed in CS3?

Yes, it is fixed in PPro CS3.