DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Cineform, Matrox, or both (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/99319-cineform-matrox-both.html)

Damon Gaskin August 29th, 2007 08:11 PM

Kevin, one question for you.. Has your friend removed the drivers and attempted to do what he was told by the rep would not work? Furthermore, have you seen this occurance? The reason I am asking is because if it doesn't work after a person actually "seeing" an occurance, well, that is one thing, but I am one of those that has a hard time believing "what someone told someone else". That really doesn't work for me. I am supposing this goes back to the question you asked about the VFW software codecs I suppose..

There are risks to take with any NLE, hardware or even just software combination. I am not saying the X2, or for that matter any capture card is perfect for everyone... You know, I guess there is only one way to know for myself if this is true... I will be back..

Damon Gaskin August 29th, 2007 08:40 PM

Wow! I stand corrected. I am sorry, I uninstalled my drivers and it did not work. I am a bit dissapointed. I can admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong. But from what was said, this was not supposed to be so.

I know though that if the drivers are still installed, you can open the project in desktop mode.

I am, myself dissapointed.. :-(

Damon

Kevin Shaw August 29th, 2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damon Gaskin (Post 736605)
Has your friend removed the drivers and attempted to do what he was told by the rep would not work?

Yes, he said he tried transferring the footage to two different computers without the drivers and it didn't work. He also tried the software patches which are supposed to help with that and they didn't work. I just called him and he said he's ordered something called the "M.Key" (a dongle) which will supposedly solve this problem at a cost of $200. If I think of it I'll report back here on whether that helps.

Damon Gaskin August 30th, 2007 05:32 PM

Yes, Kevin, that would be great to hear either way..

Jiri Fiala August 31st, 2007 11:48 AM

Matrox AVIs don't work for me on computers without RTX2 either, even if they should with their VfW drivers. This was not fixed in Matrox Tools V3, like the issue that Matrox captured AVIs don't play beyond 1:48 duration outside Premiere (on RTX2 system!). Matrox rendered (as opposed to captured) AVIs play just fine. I am in contact with Matrox support, they were able to reproduce this issue and are supposedly working on fix.

Bill Ritter September 5th, 2007 07:28 AM

You can use the Matrox Media Encoder (looks just like Adobe Media Encoder) and export an Mpg file as HDV 30i and send them the file.

However I thought I read on the Matrox site they have a utility that unwraps the matrox I frame exports (which export at slightly faster than RT) so it can be used in other non matrox based projects. Since I don't have outside sources to do other work, not an issue for me.

Question though - how do you provide your clips, etc to the outside source and how do they provide finished back to you? If you are giving them tape and they give you tape this is a nonissue as the tapes are all HDV.

If you are giving them a removeable HDD then you would simply output the media that works. I have imported both mpg files, m2t files and wm9 file and used those on the matrox based PP2 system with RTX2 card.

Bill in Ohio

Marc Landry October 1st, 2007 11:13 AM

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ritter (Post 724005)
I'm not sure what the incompatibility is? If you finish a project and export an mpg2 or almost any other output that is used by your authoring program. When I did miniDV I would finish up my final product by exporting back to minidv tape. That can be input into anybodies system.

The only thing that is going on, is that on import to matrox RTX2 you can either go HDV native or their mpg codec. I almost always do HDV.

Anyway have fun. I do.

Bill in Ohio

I have owned an RT2000, RT.X100 and now Axio LE. The compatibility is a non-issue. This has never been a problem for me.