Premiere 3.0? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 28th, 2007, 05:10 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Premiere 3.0?

Hi,

I thought that CS3 was a kind of complete studio package of Adobe with Premiere Pro 2.0 in it, and photoshop and so on...
But am I right that I've read that it's not Premiere pro 2.0 in the package, but a new premiere pro 3.0?

If so, could anyone explain the main differences between Premiere Pro 2.0 and 3.0?

Thanks,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:23 AM   #2
Wrangler

There are several different suites of applications. All the suites and all the applications bear the CS3 name.

See the Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 web page for new features, a tour, and links to the suites of applications that contain it:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Major Player

cs3

I got the premium production suite, and it rocks my socks. The guy we talked to at Adobe said it would not work on Vista, no way until they released a patch, but the vendor told us it would. So we took a chance, bought it and it works without a glitch. BTW I'm running windows vista home premium.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Wrangler

Seems odd that someone would say that considering the CS3 apps were announced to run under Vista, and the published system requirements include Vista. Glad to get a report that all is working well; please let us know if issues arise.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #5
New Boot

ppcs3 synch probs

hello, i am getting a problem with ppcs3, if i capture a clip for longer than 10 mins it starts to go out of synch with the audio, the longer it is captured the more it goes out of synch, it isnt practical to capture a clip of an hour in five minute segments, anyone have the same issue?
Tony Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Wiggins View Post
hello, i am getting a problem with ppcs3, if i capture a clip for longer than 10 mins it starts to go out of synch with the audio, the longer it is captured the more it goes out of synch, it isnt practical to capture a clip of an hour in five minute segments, anyone have the same issue?
Always had that problem with PP1 and PP2. Went to ScenalyzerLive for DV and HDVSplit for HDV - no problems. Now capturing with OnLocation - no problems (so far).
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #7
Major Player

issue for me

I can not edit a 720p24 project on premiere pro cs3. am I doing something wrong? when I start a new project, there is no hdv preset for 720p24. When I custom set a project in the custom settings, all of my captured footage plays back as 720p30 (29.97). when I watch it in a program like windows media player, it looks fine. This is really crippling for me if 720p24 is not supported. I even installed the presets for 2.0 in ppro cs3 for prohd support, which were recognized, but do the exact same thing. Anybody know about this?
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Major Player

btw...

it also throws my audio out of synch, it's delayed by about 10 seconds, and these are short 1 minute or so clips.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite