DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   24f support in Premiere Pro cs3? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/99994-24f-support-premiere-pro-cs3.html)

Marty Hudzik July 28th, 2007 06:28 PM

24f support in Premiere Pro cs3?

Since Adobe had released and update to Premiere Pro 2.0 adding support for 24f Canon modes I guess I just assumed that they would have this built into Cs3....but I do not see it as an option. Anyone?

I generally use Cineform but on some projects I like to edit in Native HDV and 24f support is a must. Can I use the preset for PPro 2.0? Or do I create a new one?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks

Marty Hudzik July 28th, 2007 09:43 PM

upon checking further I cannot even create a custom preset. HDV 1080i seems to be locked at either 29.97 or 25fps. Can't even get a 24 or 23.97 option.

Bummer.

Carlos Rodriguez July 29th, 2007 01:22 AM

I've got the same issue with 720p24 footage from my hd110 in cs3. I figured this preset would have been included in cs3. I'm wondering if the preset plugin for prohd presets for ppro 2.0 will work with cs3.

What's going on Adobe?

Carlos Rodriguez July 29th, 2007 01:39 AM

OK I tested the old presets for ppro 2.0 in cs3 and cs3 recognizes them when I create a new project. use this link to download the presets for your canon hdv cam.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

Carlos Rodriguez July 29th, 2007 01:43 AM

just for info I'm having audio synch issues in my timeline. there's a good maybe 5 second delay.

Brian Spatz July 30th, 2007 06:27 PM

Don't upgrade yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Rodriguez (Post 720162)
just for info I'm having audio synch issues in my timeline. there's a good maybe 5 second delay.

Would you recommend purchasing Premiere Pro 2.0 (as upposed to CS3) and wait to upgrade until this is all sorted out?

Carlos Rodriguez July 31st, 2007 03:02 PM

solution

I've figured out a decent solution that works.

I take my 24p hdv video into a 30p timeline. I unlink audio and video. slow video down to 80% and leave audio alone. It looks just like 24p should. after all my edits are done, I export as a 24p video and it looks just like normal.

note. if you have a talking head on the picture, be sure to drop your entire clip on the timeline before doing any edits or adjustments. it will save you a re-aligning headache.

lets hope adobe throws in some help pretty soon.

other option is stick with the working 2.0

Brian Spatz August 1st, 2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Rodriguez (Post 721384)
lets hope adobe throws in some help pretty soon.

other option is stick with the working 2.0

And 2.0 supports 24f on the MAC?

Carlos Rodriguez August 3rd, 2007 03:28 PM

as far as I know, PPro CS3 is the only product that works on Apple OS

Floris van Eck August 4th, 2007 09:29 AM

When you can, just get Cineform. I really like it. Although I think Adobe should include Canon 24F support. Especially since they had it in CS2, and now dropped it in CS3. That's one thing I really hate about Adobe... not customer-orientated. They just do as they like without caring about their customers. Same with Avid. They have become colossi that forget to listen to their customers.

Sony Vegas is a program that I like much better in that regard. But I have a love/hate relationship with the interface. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. As Avid, Apple and Adobe all have a similar interface... I prefer to use one of those. It's really hard to use Vegas if other people in a project are working on Avid/Adobe/Apple. Switching between the other three is somewhat less difficult.

Anyway, Adobe should solve this. Totally unacceptable.

Kyle Brady August 4th, 2007 10:00 AM

What a bummer! I was all ready to get PP3 and was hoping for great things. I really like the interoperability with other programs in the suite. But incompatibility with 24F is a deal breaker. I hope they fix it. I can't believe they wouldn't support it.

Carlos Rodriguez August 4th, 2007 11:56 AM

I agree, need 24p/f support? go with cineform.

Greg Rothschild August 8th, 2007 08:39 AM

I called customer support about this issue yesterday. I was told that they are indeed working on it- they will eventually issue an update with 24F support. That's the good news. The bad news is there was no date for the release of the update. She said that her best guess was 3 months.

Carlos Rodriguez August 8th, 2007 08:17 PM

that's lame. How could they not have this function included in this release, but have it included in their previous? Oh well, for now I'll have to go with my workaround. It works pretty well I suppose.

Carlos Rodriguez August 8th, 2007 08:18 PM

btw, thanks Greg, I was getting ready to call, but found myself somewhat impatient.

Michael Oliver Bott August 9th, 2007 08:40 AM

The very strange thing is: my version, which was delivered last Friday, has 24f support!

Although there ist no preset for 24 frames I can create a custom preset and choose between 25, 23.976 and 29.97 Frames per second.

I tried one of the 24f m2t's that are floating around and it works perfectly.

Craig Irving August 9th, 2007 12:29 PM

I sure hope they'll add support for the V1U's 24P while they're at it.

I tried calling them this afternoon but they couldn't tell me anything.

Carlos Rodriguez August 9th, 2007 06:58 PM

I tried that exact same thing, Michael, creating a custom preset, for footage shot on my HD110, but when the footage is captured, the bin reads it as "29.97" and not "23.976, or 24p"

It played back fast video speed with normal audio.

Then I remembered someone saying they matched 30p hdv footage to 24p by just slowing it down to exactly 80%. I unlink video from audio and do so, and it works just fine. Strange.

maybe its just 720p video that it screws up on.