EX3's & 24PsF with KiPro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Major Player

EX3's & 24PsF with KiPro

For the longest time I thought I couldn't record 24p from the EX3 to the KiPro due to an SDI limitation- a 60i stream, but many thanks for a solution from Jon Thorn (AJA product manager), who I ran into at the Nevada City Film Festival in Northern California this weekend. He assured me there was a hard to find menu item on the EX3 which makes the Ki Pro see a 24psf signal (regardless of what your video format is set to record internally). Today I perused the EX3 menu and found it in "others/genlock/24p system. Mine was set to 60i and changed it to 24psf. The KiPro went from reading "60i to 24PsF" and I about fainted. Hope this helps any Ex3/Ki Pro owners who can't seem to get a 24PsF signal out of their Ex3.

Many thanks to you Jon and AJA!

Larry
Larry Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Major Player

Would this apply also to 25PsF from a 60fps tape Varicam?
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM   #3
AJA

Peter C. - The Ki Pro does not provide support for the extraction of 25 fps from within the 60 fps output by the original Varicam at this time. The Ki Pro does provides support for the extraction of 23.98 fps (24) and 29.97 fps (30) from within 59.94 fps or 25 fps from within 50 fps at this time when use with a variety of Panasonic camcorders.

It should be noted that later versions of Panasonic camcorders use a 50Hz signal (50 fps) with the 25fps flagged within that signal; only the first Varicams used the 60Hz structure you are referring to.

We may add support for your particular scenario with a firmware update sometime in the future.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro