Custom Name Clip Options? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old March 15th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Custom Name Clip Options?

Not sure if this is a feature and it is normal but I would like to use a CUSTOM CLIP NAME (Example NEWSDAY1) but also have CLIP NUMBER and TAKE.
Which would should look like this NEWSDAY1CLIP1TK1 correct but the result I am getting is NEWSDAY1_1.
Sure can't find anything in the Manual that will point this out.

Thanks!
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #2
AJA

Re: Custom Name Clip Options?

Shaggy F. - The custom clip naming convention only has a provision for the user to create a custom name and then append that name with an incrementing numbering scheme. Example: you name your clip "Bridge" using Custom Clip Name and you want to increment takes using the Use Custom Clip Take parameter, then each successive take will be called "Bridge_2" and "Bridge_3", etc.

Page 40 and 41 of the manual cover information regarding the use of the custom clip naming conventions.

For your specific example, you could elect to enter the custom clip name itself as "NEWSDAY1CLIP1TK" and then use the Use Custom Clip Take to append this with a take number. The result would be the value for the name that you suggested you wanted, "NEWSDAY1CLIP1TK_1" albeit with an underscore and then the take number as opposed to the take number adjacent to the letters "TK" as it is with the standard naming conventions.

Just to be clear, there are several options for clip naming. "Clip1" or "SC1" for the standard naming convention with the ability to alpha append the scene number value, such as "SC1A" and then the take number represented by "TK1"; resulting files could be named "Clip1TK1" or "SC1ATK1" for example. Or there is the custom clip naming where you can have the name of the clip with or without appending a take number.

Hope this is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Custom Name Clip Options?

Thanks!

Yeah I guess I missed that in the manual (PDF) but that is what I thought. But that is okay since I know it is normal.

By the way I love the AJA Ki Pro, to bad there is ling wait for the mini :( But its going to be awesome!
Thanks for these products!

But cables wouldn't hurt! ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro