Who's hooked the kipro up to a wireless network? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Trustee

Who's hooked the kipro up to a wireless network?

Hey just got a kipro from one of the forum member here and it works just as well as I'd hoped (I've been using them through my job for a little over a year but this is the first one I've purchased.)

My one issue is I would really like to play around with and set up the kipro on a wireless network but the manual is pretty vague on connecting. Can someone walk me through the steps of hooking it up. The thing I seem to have the most problem with is actually having the kipro find the wireless network.

thanks!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM   #2
AJA

Re: Who's hooked the kipro up to a wireless network?

Nick H. - First, I'll give you all of the page numbers for the 802.11 control from the manual, then I'll give you a few helpful hints: pg. 28-29, pg. 53-56, pg. 71-72, and pg. 74-77.

Here are the helpful hints:
1) Know the name, security type and password for the network you want to connect to.
2) Keep in mind that when you use the "802.11 AVAILABLE" network search function, you may need to wait up to ten seconds for the networks to be identified. Weak-signaled networks may come and go and usually aren't viable... just like they aren't terribly viable for use with your laptop, etc. If you don't see your network listed, it's signal strength may simply be too weak.
2) Keep in mind that for wireless configurations, networks with single names - not names separated by spaces - seem to work best. In other words, a network named "Lighthouse" will show up more readily than "Light House."
3) You will be using DHCP for wireless; so if any of the 802.11 menu selections reflect "Static," that can be an issue. DHCP addresses will get broadcast by the wireless network and the Ki Pro will get assigned an address. This can also take a few seconds once the available network has been selected.
4) One way to observe and configure the wireless network is by using the wired ethernet connection and web UI to connect to the Ki Pro. All of the information is presented on one page via the web UI, as noted in the manual, pg. 71, and some users find this easier than using the front panel to configure things.

If none of this seems to help you, you can contact AJA Technical Support on Monday and they will be happy to walk you through things on the phone or via email.

Hope this is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro