ETA on firmware update Ki Pro Mini? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old November 28th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

ETA on firmware update Ki Pro Mini?

any idea? very much looking forward to this

thanks
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #2
AJA

Re: ETA on firmware update Ki Pro Mini?

Ed D. - First, let me apologize for our delay in releasing the version 3.0 firmware; we estimated an earlier date for the release when we first demonstrated it at IBC. Part of the delay is that even more features than those demonstrated at IBC have been coming together over the past few weeks. We are close to our final QA effort so I expect the release to happen shortly.

Thanks for your patience,
Jon Thorn
Senior Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

please take your time. I'd rather a nice working product than one that will have potential new bugs :)
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Major Player

Ah, missed this, ignore my question in the other thread Jon :-)
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Any update on the anticipated date for release of the new Ki Pro Mini firmware update? Don't mean to be overly eager, but I'll be starting a new project in a early January and am planning record to the DNxHD codec if that will be possible.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM   #6
AJA

Kevin W. - The Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini version 3.0 firmware should be available soon; we are closing in on wrapping up our QA for this release. Just to be clear, Avid DNx encoding was not planned as part of version 3.0 firmware. I think some confusion regarding this has happened because we announced both the version 3.0 firmware and upcoming support for DNx at IBC. The Avid DNx encoding support was always planned for a subsequent firmware release after version 3.0. The support for Avid DNx encoding probably won't be available by your early January project date, sorry.

Hope this information is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Senior Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Jon,

The AJA press release announcing DNxHD support for the Ki Pro Mini said that "Support for the Avid DNxHD codec will be available Q4 2011 via a free downloadable firmware upgrade." I gather from your post that this date has slipped? For planning purposes, do you have an estimate on when the Ki Pro Mini firmware update with DNxHD support might be available?

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM   #8
AJA

Kevin W. - As noted in this thread, the Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini firmware version 3.0 release date slipped. This means that the subsequent release for Ki Pro Mini that will include support for Avid DNx encoding has been pushed out a bit. I can't offer a firm release date due to the slip in the schedule, but it should follow shortly after the version 3.0 release. Since that release should happen shortly, I think it's safe to say that the version of firmware with Avid DNx support will arrive in Q1 2012. Again, we are sorry for the delay, but we are trying to perform thorough QA before releasing firmware versions.

Hope this information is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Senior Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro