Cheerleading Comp. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 21st, 2007, 07:26 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cheerleading Comp.

I'm teaching myself as much as possible about the audio side of video and need some inputs. I've been asked to shoot a cheerleading competition coming up. I have been informed that this could be a situation where I could get future gigs, not necessarily based on this performance, but this will also be a learing experience for me. I found this thread on the subject and it is informative.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...&highlight=gym

My situation is a little different in that I'm not using XLR. I'm shooting with 2 panasonic GS500 and am exploring my audio options. The competition will be in a gym, loud cheers, crowd, music, and sound reflection. In the past, they've used nothing more than a camera and on-camera mic.

Right now, all I've got is a rode videomic and I had planned to use this mic on the camera that was on the top row of the bleachers (high school gym).

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. Maybe I should buy a XLR adapter for my GS500, XLR cable, and a mic to place on the floor close to the competitors?

If anyone could give me advice on either setup, please, I'm all ears. Prices are appreciated too. At this point, I can't spend more than $500. This hobby seems to always find a way to pay for itself, but I'm getting into areas (audio) I don't know much about.
Jacob Burson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio