anything have 2 xlr outputs? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Major Player

anything have 2 xlr outputs?

looking for a way to have two or better yet three xlr mics/receivers input to a device that can be output to both camera xlr inputs and an audio recorder. Realizing that probably wont happen, what about a device that has 1 input and two outputs so I can get two and have one mic in each of two and one output to each channel of the camera and also to the audio recorder and than if I need a third channel it will go to the audio recorder separately?
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Eastwood View Post
looking for a way to have two or better yet three xlr mics/receivers input to a device that can be output to both camera xlr inputs and an audio recorder. Realizing that probably wont happen,
I don't know why you don't think that would happen. You simply need to look at ENG mixers. Shure, Sound Devices, Wendt, Cooper, Filmtech, and many others all make two to five channel mixers that can do what you are looking for.

While this article is a few years old, it has some important information in it that you might find very useful...

http://www.trewaudio.com/sound_on_location1.htm

Wayne
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Eastwood View Post
looking for a way to have two or better yet three xlr mics/receivers input to a device that can be output to both camera xlr inputs and an audio recorder.
Stephen,

this is exactly what I do with my Sound Devices SD302 mixer. Three XLR inputs, two XLR outputs (which I route to my camera) and an additional line-level out (proprietary connector) that I route to a separate audio recorder.

As Wayne hinted, several other mixers can do the same.

- Martin
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #4
Trustee

One of my favorite mixers for multicam outputs is my Wendt X5. It has 5 inputs and off the top of my head it has xlr outputs, Aux outputs (which i have an XLR snake with audio return, XLR mini outputs, TA 5 outputs (which I use for wireless without using my XLR's) Stereo mic Mini. I have successfully recorded to 3 cameras and an MP3 recorder simultaneosly without using all the outputs on the mixer. By comparison my Shure FP-33 only has one set of XLR 's and tape out, headphones and the link. It does have two headphone outs (1/8 and 1/4) compared to the Wendts single 1/4 inch out.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio