"Ethereal" voiceover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 19th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Major Player

"Ethereal" voiceover

I'm editing a short film which specifies the voiceover should have an "ethereal" feel to it. These go over dream sequences.
Any ideas for filters/effects for getting this kind of sound in FCS2?
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Etherial sound

The usual suspects in this is mostly a reverb plug in for the voice, which can be supplemented with a chorus effect (slight , just to give some stereoness to the sound). use a hall setup on the reverb but control the tail (decay)so it doesn't get annoying and over run following lines. this should give you the depth without the width. (big reverb but doesnt hang out to long), you can get alot more intricate with this but its very hard to explain. Also the context of the ethereal voice dictates the amount of depth needed.(voice in the head? voice in the background? or voices in the background?) to name some possibilities. let me know and I will try to give some roundabout settings for effects.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Gerry,
I'll have a play in Soundtrack Pro over the weekend and let you know how i get on.
D
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio