Anyone ever heard of... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone ever heard of CEER Microphones

I have one, model AK-320E "Uni-Directional Electret Condenser" Microphone, powered by 1 AA battery. There are three settings on a switch, off, normal and tele. The cable is XLR one end 3mm Jack the other and is about 3 meters long, so not ideal to mount on my camera, and the 3mm - 1.5mm adaptor into the mic socket really puts strain on the connection so it causes noise.

I have used it once but not really in any ideal situation (messing about) so couldn't really test it properly. I suppose it would be ideally mounted to a boom pole in a suspension unit.

That's not why I'm writing though, I wanted to know if this is a good mic? I can't find anything about CEER or this mic on any website. There are 4 model numbers listed on the box, an AK-260, AK-280 and AK-290 which are goosenecks, and an AK-8800 which looks identical to the 320E.

That's about all the information I can provide for you.

Does any of you fine folk use this mic, or have any ideas about it, how good/bad it is, basically anything you can tell me.

By the way, I brought it off Ebay from China about 2 years (maybe) ago.

Thanks!

Russ

Last edited by Russ Holland; October 24th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.
Russ Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Anything...?

Please?!

Russ
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Mic

Russ. I did a basic Google on tis and it looks like its a generic chinese knock of of the Audio technika, is it good? thats up to your opinion, but all the info that came up on it was for chinese wholesalers. I would bet it is definately a low-end mic. but if it serves your purpose then its good. remember that even some inexpensive gear can do a great job if proprly operated, just as some excellent gear can get crappy results if improperly operated.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio