Wedding Audio from remote Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Wedding Audio from remote Camera

Hi All
Last week I video taped a wedding with two manned cameras and one remote. One manned cam was off to the Priests left and had the two mikes that were pinned to the groom and the Priest. The 2nd cam was in the balcony in the back of the church. The 1 remote cam was off to the priests right close by the podium where the three people did their reads. I had placed a cassett recorder on the stand to record them but found out that I only had an 1 hour tape installed so I only got :30 minutes. It ran out before the speakers did their speeches. I did however get the speeches on the remote camera as it was within 10 to 15 feet. The audio has allot of echo. I am editing with PPRO 1.5 but know very little about editing with the audio filters to remove or decrease the amount of echo. Any help would be appreciated.
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lender View Post
Hi All
Last week I video taped a wedding with two manned cameras and one remote. One manned cam was off to the Priests left and had the two mikes that were pinned to the groom and the Priest. The 2nd cam was in the balcony in the back of the church. The 1 remote cam was off to the priests right close by the podium where the three people did their reads. I had placed a cassett recorder on the stand to record them but found out that I only had an 1 hour tape installed so I only got :30 minutes. It ran out before the speakers did their speeches. I did however get the speeches on the remote camera as it was within 10 to 15 feet. The audio has allot of echo. I am editing with PPRO 1.5 but know very little about editing with the audio filters to remove or decrease the amount of echo. Any help would be appreciated.
Harry
Bad news, Harry. There's not a lot you can do other than apply the "reshoot filter" (and of course with a wedding that's not possible). You MIGHT be able to edit in the waveform, filling gaps in the speech where there's reverberation present with room tone but it's a long shot. Most of the time it's a lost cause to try to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

echo filters don't exist

This is true.....but that being said.... at the end of the day what's better, no speeches or speeches with echo! If you sinc it all up well I would not be surprised if the intended viewers actually don't notice or even like it "cause of the nice echo in the church" etc.

It's not going to be easy but I'm sure you can make the best of what you (now) have to work with. Good luck!

Andy
Andy Wilkinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio