Shockmount for ME66 0n PD150 & Azden SGM-2X at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 17th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shockmount for ME66 0n PD150 & Azden SGM-2X

Does anybody know if there is a shockmount for the ME66/K6 combo that fits on the PD150? If so does it reduce camera noise? I'm about to buy this mic but just read about the Azden SGM-2X on a Gl Does anybody have any experience with this mic on a PD 150. Thanks
Robb Bradstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I've got an Azden SGM1X for 1 of my 150's but the ME66 is on my prime. I'm kinda half deef and I can tell the difference but it's especially noticable to me at wedding receptions. However in answer to you question about shockmounts, I use the Sony CAC12 mic mount. It's kind of costly but it moves the mic up about an inch as well as have the ability to swivel it into a lower or more side angled position so if you're using a WA lens it doestn't show up in the frame. I really don't have a problem with the Azden it's just the Sennheiser is better. At least IMHO.
I would go with the Senn and the Sony CAC12 mount.
Don B.
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Don. I'll try that shockmount and go for the ME66 unless someone suggests otherwise. I'm still interested in the shockmounts ability to reduce camera noise.
Robb Bradstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #4
Major Player

There are two sources of camera 'noise'. The first is actual noise the internal components make. So, whether a mount (of any kind) can eliminate the noise depends on how load the camera is and how far away it places the mic. To tell if this type of noise is a problem remove the mic from the camera (eliminating source #2) and hold it up to the camera and at various distances. This will tell you how far away a mic needs to be to eliminate 'real' noise.

More prevalent is vibrational 'noise' transmitted to the mic via the mount. I haven't used the Sennheiser mount but find the Beyerdynamic mount does a good job of this. By suspending the microphone between rubber o-rings you are isolating it from the vibrations that may cause a 'hum'.
Jeff Price is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio