Input needed - Behringer C1's or Zoom H2 for podcast. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #16
Major Player

podcast

well, by alot of standards I do agree with you, but it sounds like this might not be an option. so , a mic is better than not, and still a better option than the H2. but when your budget is that restricted, and upgrade paths are limited, you have to do what you got to do. you know that whole "if life gives you lemon, make lemonade" thing. we need to keep in mind he can only spend so much. for that price what other mic is there? a pl48 is around 50 bucks that would put him over budget and still be a questionable mic, might as well get a condenser, and in budget. sure he would be better off with some EV RE20's or Shure SM7's and a Pro tools system, but then were losing sight of the fact that he only has 200 bucks to spend.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Gerry, how else would you convince people that they need more of a budget for sound than working with what you have and showing it can be better?

And only because the budget is $200!

And again, Gerry, he can borrow the damned mics, and you only have 2 inputs with the zoom. He doesn't have money for a mixer. And repeat, repeat, repeat.
Anna Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM   #18
Major Player

Low budget

Anna.

I do agree with you, YES he should get a bigger budget. but it sounds like to me that his wallet makes the budget (he is his organization) , with that being said I refuse to tell some one he can't do it just because he can't afford something better. it sounds like he can borrow the mixer and a 2 channel interface more easily than the mics. with having the mics he has the option to grow. no matter how Cheesy Pro's and retired Pro's might think these mics are , they are better than nothing. and a close micing situation is still alot better than the H2. We all have to start somewhere. who knows maybe by next year he can afford some nicer mics, then the small investment in these will not be in vein. I know by now he feels convinced he needs more money but he cant get it just yet, and he still needs to do be able to do this. I try to be as encouraging to any one who is passionate enough to ask for help. I also know what it feels like to start at the very bottom, my recording career started with Radio Shack mics over 20 years ago, and im sure the big boys laughed at me then. But you have to start some where. now Im retired from recording and have one of those fancy Grammy nominee medallions on my wall. good thing I didnt wait until I could afford Neumanns to start my career.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Obviously you didn't read my posts or are just misreading them. It's all good Gerry, I'm not arguing with you and for the record I didn't say neumann's, I just said no to Behringers ok?!?!
Anna Harmon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio