Sennheiser headphones sturdiness at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 18th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Trustee

Sennheiser headphones sturdiness

I am doing a little survey on Sennheiser headphones.

The two I am mostly interested in are the HD-280 and the HD-555, particularly the latter that has lower impedance.

What I am worried about is sturdiness and being able to stand intense use in field locations.
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #2
Major Player

I've had a pair of HD280's for over two years now and they've held up very well, despite a bit of abuse (though I've taken pretty good care of them). The padding for the top of your head has begun to fray a little bit, but this (and other parts) is replaceable. I just got another set in November.
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Utley View Post
I've had a pair of HD280's for over two years now and they've held up very well, despite a bit of abuse (though I've taken pretty good care of them). The padding for the top of your head has begun to fray a little bit, but this (and other parts) is replaceable. I just got another set in November.
Good to know. And you do have to be careful with your headphones, as this should be your main discerning tool.

Do you have the standard or the pro type?
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

My HD280 Pros have been solid. My boys have both used and abused them. The earpads got a bit roughed up when the younger left it on the garage floor when recording his band. I think they accidentally kicked it around some. They were pretty dirty after the episode. I still haven't replaced the pads, though they are replaceable.

I have a pair at work, and my abused ones at home. Neither has had any problems, and they sound the same.
Old January 18th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I've done the most unspeakable things to my HD 25s (not deliberately, you understand!) --- still going strong , and still sounding very sweet!
Roger Shore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio