HVR-Z1E Voice sounds very slow and slurred at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Tourist

HVR-Z1E Voice sounds very slow and slurred

Hi, I have posted this under FX1 and then found the audio Threads...whoooops!. I have just gone from canon XL2 over to a Sony HVR-Z1E. On dowmloading footage to my mac I can hear it over the Sony speakers and it sounds OK but when I have downloaded and play it back on the mac the voices are all over the place and are very slurry and a deeper tone than the normal voices, my 15 year old daughter sounds like darth vader from star wars!!. The tape I am using was used before in the canon XL2 could this make any difference or is it a configuration problem. Please help out if possible as on Saturday I have to record a church ceremony. Thanks
Kevin Sealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sounds like a sampling rate problem. Maybe you recorded the project at 48Khz and are playing it back like a long play tape (32Khz)? Check what sample rate you recorded at in-camera (32, 44.1, 48) and make sure it matches what (I'm guessing) Final Cut is doing. If that doesn't work let us know.
Abe Dolinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio