? re: external power to wireless receiver at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Major Player

? re: external power to wireless receiver

In addition to batteries, my wireless receiver will work with a converter at 12V DC (nominal), 500 ma. But, the brick (maybe more a "rock", 'cause it's not that big) wasn't part of the package and didn't come with the receiver.

However, I have 3 other such "rocks" (i.e. AC-> DC converters) from other devices that put out 12V:
1 @ 100 ma,
1 @ 300 ma, and
1 @ 800 ma.

Of those three, which is most likely to work without causing damage and/or interference? (Not sure if more or less ma's would be better). My hunch is to go with the 800 ma.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #2
Trustee

generally speaking more ma is better then less. that said the 300 should be good enough. my lectro's pull 140ma. take a look in the manual on the power draw and long as its less then the wall wart, you';re almost good.

please be sure to check polarity of the connectors ! lectro's don't care, but not all wireless will like having the polarity reversed, and you'll let the blue genie out :( pro gear tends to be positive on the outer, prosumer gear positive on the inner - opposites.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Oakley View Post
please be sure to check polarity of the connectors ! lectro's don't care, but not all wireless will like having the polarity reversed, and you'll let the blue genie out :( pro gear tends to be positive on the outer, prosumer gear positive on the inner - opposites.
THANKS. In the words of Peter Venkman: "Important safety tip". (Can you name the movie)?
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio