Headphones recommendation? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #31
Trustee

Sony MDR 7506,i'm thinking of getting some of these tomorrow.
Quite good reviews on them i see.
Hopefully getting them for £80 brand new.

Paul.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #32
Regular Crew

*Didn't read the whole thread.

Anyhow, If you've got the money go for the Sennheiser HD 555 headphones. They're a bit bigger and made for studio environments, but they sound incredible.

http://www.headphone.com/products/he...ser-hd-555.php
Devin Termini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Think I tested nearly every headphone on the market in a big music store. My favorite was the AKG K271 (from Austria) which I bought. Very neutral sound... the only negative is that you can not transport them very well and it's also not that robust as some other ENG headphones. I would buy them again.
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #34
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Just got my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, and I must admit they are absolutely marvellous! I'm feeling like I am inside my EX1 :)

I can actually hear the difference between various mics, whether the low-cut filter is engaged or not in the camera or the mic - not to mention distortion when overloaded, or hiss with sensitivity too low and output cranked up!
I'll second that. They are fabulous and the ease of use and comfort are great, very good sensitivity and accurate sound, what more can you want?
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #35
Regular Crew

OK, I'll jump in.

When producing/directing in quiet environments I use the Sony MDR-7506, in somewhat noisy environments I use Sony MDR-V900, in very noisy environments I use the Etymotics ER 6c or ER 4p in ears. If in very noisy environments (think rock concert with 100 - 120db) I use a combination of the V900 and the ER4p with one side of the ER 4p partially out so that if someone wants to talk to me in person I can hear them. With wired or wireless comms I use the same combo but take out the V900 and replace it with the comm headset (usually a heavy Clear-Com).
Doug Okamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #36
Major Player

Akg K 271.
Dominik Seibold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #37
Major Player

Etymotic ER-6

I like the Etymotics a lot. Compact, stay in my ears and produce really good sound quality. Since I work mostly on my own, and often off a tripod, they give me a lot of freedom to work the camera. (I am currently shooting with a Z1 with a mattebox). They are very sturdy, I have had this pair for two years and have used them all over the planet.
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio