Most affordable and clear sounding XLR Cable? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 31st, 2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Most affordable and clear sounding XLR Cable?

I'm looking to purchase a Beachtek XLR Adapter for my VX2100 and right now I only have a Mogami xlr to 1/8. I've liked the mogami but am open to other options for my next cable purchase. I'm looking for a cable at least 10 feet long btw.
Travis Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Check out Redco.
http://www.redco.com/

You can basically build your own cables at a great price.
Old April 1st, 2008, 02:27 AM   #3
Trustee

Gosh at 10 feet, just go to Guitar Center and buy any 10-15 foot XLR cable they have. At that length, I'd be flabergasted if you could hear any difference between cable brands.

If you've convinced yourself you've just GOT to have the best, go to Marketek and order some premium cables - but whichever you buy, they'll work about the same and with proper handling and care, either should last you a decade or more.

Good luck.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I really like Mogami cable too, but man is it pricey. Most of our cables are AudioTechnica and they've been holding up fine. I have a few that have been coiled improperly so many times they don't make good coils any more though. I also really like Belden cable, and there's always Canare Star Quad. Our Canare cables don't coil as nicely as Mogami or Belden does unfortunately though.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Oh, and remember, there's no difference in sound quality between all these cables. What you're paying for is reliability, ruggedness, decent shielding, and useability (i.e. holds a decent loop when coiled).
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio