Audio drifts - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 21st, 2008, 03:21 AM   #31
Inner Circle

I have not been permitted to run cameras in several of our conservative churches any closer than from the back of the church, hence I have run the two from virtually identical distances, and the difference is startling. The Rode destroys the Sony mic. From the back of the church of course even the Rode is pretty poor, due to the distance, and I understand that. But it is 100% better than the OEM mic
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:51 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Thanks Steve - and you may well have nailed it. Minidisc having to replay in real-time analogue in has seemed like a pain to me when the H2 is a file transfer from the SD card, so just maybe (fingers crossed) I can download the H2 analogue as well and keep (tighter if not perfect) sync. What a good idea.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:54 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Oh, I forgot to say. Yes, agree there'll be a audio quality loss, and especially so as I take the MD's signal from the headphone socket. But as I say, a cheap mic up close beats a posh one far away every time, so much so that I have to 'downgrade' the MD audio as it sounds so good.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:54 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Yes, I'll try that also!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:25 AM   #35
Trustee

What about Irivers? I've got six which I couple to Giant Squid mics (have 4 black and two white - about $us50 per recorder and mic) and at a wedding wire the groom, officiant, fathers, lecturn, and one spare for wherever - and shove an H2 up high in the middle of the church. Plus I have the camera mics with one camera having a Videomic...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio