sinc info at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

sinc info

Hello

Ok, I hope this is the right place for this.

I need to learn a bit more about audio and video sinc and I was hoping someone here will be willing to explain a few things or point me to places I could get some helpful information.

I'm recording to my H4 (sometimes using 96/24bit or 41/16bit) and I'm trying to sinc that to my video in FCPS2. Video shot at 24pa, removed pulldown, editing in 23.97fps timeline. I just tried it and when I sinc them, they eventually get out of sinc.

So, now I'm wondering why...and realize I need to learn more about audio.

why do they eventually get out of sinc?

I'm trying to picture the Frame Rate of video and the Frame rate of audio. Does audio have frame rate or is it just real time? is there something to do to match video Frame rates?

my guess is that the 23.97 or 29.97 weird rate will cause this...but does this mean same thing will happen if I use 29.97 timeline?

Newbie trying to learn.

help, please.

Thanks
OT
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

reporting

I just wanted to report..that I read a few thing right now...I made the speed for the audio 100.04% and now is in perfect sync...well, perfect to the eye.

sorry if I started something discussed before.
still, open to any information willing to share.

Thanks
OT

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio