Audio Kit (Upgrading) - Advice Please! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Way to go Andy!! What boom pole did you get?

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Got the Rode 3M one in the end as I can't go wrong with that as a starter pole at only £49 plus VAT...looks more "pro" than the price for sure - lovely! Just waiting for the PMW-EX3, extra SxS card and the Rode NTG-3 etc. to be delivered in the next week or so now....been drooling over the unboxing pics posted on another thread just now!

By the way, I sent feedback to Sennheiser last week on their website about the lack of information about 100 and 500 series radio mic units being able to communicate OK (see discussion earlier in this thread) but all I got was an "out of office" message and a request to re-post all the information again! B&*^er that, I send them feedback but I'm not doing that twice if there IT systems can't handle storing ideas from customers!
Old July 31st, 2008, 01:54 AM   #33
Inner Circle

You must've got one of the last Rode poles, they've been outa production for some time. Other things on their plate.

Senn must have a small office, see if they read the discussion here. Let's know what you think of the NTG-3. Mine talked me into a 302 and now thinking about a 722...
watch out it's addictive :)

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM   #34
Inner Circle

By the way, the Rode NTG-3 arrived yesterday (along with my EX3). This mic is beautifully engineered - the amazing case is quite something too! Much too early for me to judge it's sound quality but, from the build quality, it's clear Rode have paid attention to every little detail. I have high hopes for it. Looks blumming good on the EX3 too (although for good sound capture it'll rarely be on the cam of course, more likely on that new boom pole!)
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Second Hand gear

Andy, seeing as you are in the UK, have you looked at the BB List for second hand gear? I've used them lots of times and it's good quality stuff at reasonable prices..and the range of stuff on offer is enormous. Have a look at www.bblist.co.uk
Nick Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Thanks Nick!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio