83 min feature - Soundtrack Pro? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 18th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #31
Major Player

Has anyone used Logic for mixing audio to video?

I haven't invested much time in any program so I want to make a good decision because I will need to follow some tutorial/training to get going.

I tried iZotope RX and I like it a lot. Great interface and rocksolid. I imported the large audiofile (that killed Soundtrack Pro over and over) and performed multiple tasks (declick, declip, spectral repair, denoiser etc.) and it didn't crash once. Applying those tasks to an audio file is lightning fast and it is easy to switch between before and after takes.

It would be nice if you could save 'projects' so you can come back to your work later. As far as I know, once you save the changes are applied to the audio file and if you open it again you can't undo them anymore. That's the only negative I found so far.

So all I need now is a good audio mixing application. I am going to play a bit with Digital Performer and see if I can export something to Logic to give it a go.

Pro Tools is out of my budget range.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Yes, Izotope RX is superb - I couldn't agree more.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM   #33
Major Player

I've primarily used STP for recording/mixing short VOs (5-6 minutes tops) and cleaning up individual clips sent from FCP, and for those purposes it's always worked well for me (never crashed). Sounds like maybe it doesn't work very well once the timeline gets too complicated - better treated as primarily a waveform editor?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio