Marantz CDR-420 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Marantz CDR-420

Looking into getting a portable recorder which will be easy to archive the audio and also get very good quality. Just looking for suggestions as to which way to go with this. This Marantz looks very promising, anyone have any pros and cons concerning this recorder for a VO recorder. THX
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi John,

I was looking at the CDR420 a couple of years ago for my university and realized that while it is portable, it is not a location recorder. It needs AC power or an outboard lead acid battery (heavy!), plus it can only record when it's on a horizontal surface, so no slinging it over your shoulder for run and gun work. Of course you said you'd use it mainly for VO work, so none of that may matter. Since we didn't end up adopting it, I can't vouch for the pre-amps, etc.

Yours,

Hoi
Ngo Vinh-Hoi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio