Short (1ft) MALE Right-Angle to Female XLR Cables? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 17th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I'm from the Netherlands, so i think it's a lot cheaper to search on your side of the water.
But i got it from Audible Audio :: Leveren van Audio Engineerings diensten

The shockmount is a Rode SM-5, it comes with a thin and a thicker end. I cut the thin end off, looks better and saves weight.
Hubert Duijzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #17
Major Player

I guess I should have seen the "Netherlands" reference in your profile. :-) Thanks for the info on the SM-5. I just took a look at it on the B&H web site and I think it'll do what I need. Thanks again!
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Igot a few of the 1 foot right angle XLR cables from B&H a few years ago,I guess they don't carry the 1 footers anymore. You might try Full Compass dot com in Wisconsin they've taken real good care of me. Get the phone number from the web site and call though as their website isn't really all that easy to navigate (at least in my opinion).

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Igot a few of the 1 foot right angle XLR cables from B&H a few years ago,I guess they don't carry the 1 footers anymore.
Are you sure it was a 1 footer and with a right angle XLR Male? What they sell and have been selling for the longest time is the 1.5 footer with a right angle XLR Female.
Marty Wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #20
Inner Circle

My bad. You're right. 1.5 foot with afemale right angle. Sorry.
I got them some years ago and they looked like 1 footers plus I didn't see the need for the right angle male in the post. :-(
Gotta read closer from now on.

Anyway Full Compass should be able to help you out.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #21
Major Player

If you call B&H they can get it for you. Their item# is RECAXJ12RTMF and is a 1 footer with the new Neutrik right angle on both ends for $29.95 or item# is RECAXJCOIL2R and is a 1.5 footer COILED with the new Neutrik right angle on both ends for $37.95

It is not on their site.
Marty Wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM   #22
Major Player

Xlr

i had a situation where BHPhoto didn't stock the neutrik XLR I needed (5 pin angled XLR), but I found it at markertek.com Stocked starquad cable too in custom length.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Wein View Post
If you call B&H they can get it for you. Their item# is RECAXJ12RTMF and is a 1 footer with the new Neutrik right angle on both ends for $29.95 or item# is RECAXJCOIL2R and is a 1.5 footer COILED with the new Neutrik right angle on both ends for $37.95

It is not on their site.

Marty,

Just to let you know, I called B&H a couple of weeks back and ordered the RECAXJ12RTMF and it arrived yesterday. Thanks for the info.

Another quick question along the same lines, but this time about the actual wire used in XLR cables:

Is the wire a 2-conductor wire *surrounded* by a braided shield (like coax cable), or a 2-conductor wire with a separate braided shield "wire"?
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Just thought I'd add a post for future UK users:

I ordered my 30cm (actually wishing I'd ordered 40cm now... might be a little tight if I use it in CH2) from Sound & Lighting Hire in Edinburgh Glasgow Scotland The Warehouse for just under 18 quid including VAT and postage.

Someone from Cadence Cable Systems - Pro Audio Cables called me back when I'd left a message requesting my cable but I didn't speak to them as I'd already ordered but they may also supply them.

That is all.
Ayesha Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #25
Regular Crew

The shotgun camera mount is from Rode:
RØDE Microphones
Mark Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:44 AM   #26
Major Player

On the subject of this post, I am looking for a simple XLR male to XLR female (Angled) pass through connector (no cable) just the connector. I can't find any of these online either - Anyone have any ideas? - thx
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 08:30 AM   #27
Inner Circle

try this.

XLR to XLR Adapters Adapters, Adapter Cables, Splitters Accessories & Parts & Hardware from Full Compass

You should be able to find what you need there.
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:46 AM   #28
Inner Circle

"XLR male to XLR female (Angled) pass through connector."
I do not recall ever seeing one in my 30+ years in music & audio.
That does not mean they don't exist..
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:37 PM   #29
Major Player

I know it has been mentioned before but make your own.... If you intend to keep doing what your doing over the comming years it will cost you a fortune in custom made cables.
Spend a little money now and learn how to solder....

Maybe I shouldn't be saying this as I earn a good portion of my income from doing EXACTLY that, making custom cables and other things for local video production guys in Adeaide, South Australia.
But if you need some ...contact me ;)
Brian P. Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM   #30
Inner Circle

I think what Rich Perry was looking for is a one-piece right-angle pass though XLR adapter. Making or buying a cable with a right-angle XLR connector(s) would probably be better anyway since there would be less weight on the connection.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio