Desperately Seeking Solution - Corrupt .wav file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 21st, 2008, 05:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Desperately Seeking Solution - Corrupt .wav file

Calling all audio pros, I have a .wav file recorded from marantz pmd-660 onto compact flash card that is approx 260MB however I know the file is corrupt from when I transferred onto computer via a card reader, to cut a long story short I cut rather than copy files to save time (late at night, not thinking straight), anyway have established that uncompressed and playable data is only 7.5MB which runs for approx 1min20sec.

Any ideas how I might be able to recover the rest of the recording???

Is it possible, please tell me it is!!!!!!!!

Regards
Darren
Darren Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

It sounds like you might be able to use data recovery software to get the corrupt file. There are several on the web. I've used Runtime Software (Data Recovery Software - Hard Drive Recovery - RAID Data Recovery) on video files and haven't had problems. Just make sure that you don't reformat the CF card before!

Hope this isn't too late!

Doug
Doug Okamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

solution found

Thanks Doug for your suggestion, I had tried a couple of file recovery software to no avail, anyway found another post on another forum that used the free program Audacity, it gives you the option in the project drop-down to import as RAW, then you just specify the bit depth, channels, etc and presto!!! entire file recovered, then just export as .wav and back in business. Think it was to do with a corrupt file header and this obviously rewrites the file header.

Thank god for forums (and Audacity)!!!!!

Cheers
Darren
Darren Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio